BST 2023

mike99

3 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

For info - anyone who has an NHS email can apply for a ticket ballot for each night of BST via the Tickets for Good platform

They did ballots for several festivals last year, and sometimes have freebies on first come first serve basis. If you're NHS, find yourself an NHS friend!

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, gfa said:

Flexibility as in it doesn't have to be a specific weekend

Yep - The licence allows them to have one more "big" show across the 3 weeks. Fri 23rd June is the date they had pencilled in, but they could easily switch to Sunday 9th July instead as that's still free. Or they could even take of the free midweek dates in between - though I suspect doing so would be a last resort as it'd antagonise the residents and council especially as they're already holding one of the Springsteen shows on a Thursday.

Edited by incident

I know we won't find out for a few months, but any rumours on the supporting line ups for Springsteen and Billy Joel?

I wondered if we might see some combination of The Chicks, John Fogerty, or Yusuf / Cat Stevens as they're all on tour around that time.

I was hoping for Stevie Nicks supporting Billy Joel to match their US tour, but if that was the case they'd have surely announced her straight away.

Also wondered if Sam Fender may support Springsteen on the Thursday, and whether War on Drugs could feature.

20 hours ago, judyblue110 said:

I know we won't find out for a few months, but any rumours on the supporting line ups for Springsteen and Billy Joel?

I wondered if we might see some combination of The Chicks, John Fogerty, or Yusuf / Cat Stevens as they're all on tour around that time.

I was hoping for Stevie Nicks supporting Billy Joel to match their US tour, but if that was the case they'd have surely announced her straight away.

Also wondered if Sam Fender may support Springsteen on the Thursday, and whether War on Drugs could feature.

Doubt Sam fender will be allowed as he's headlining reading/leeds

9 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

Doubt Sam fender will be allowed as he's headlining reading/leeds

Its sold out so wouldn't hurt their sales really

Springsteen crowd isn't gonna be at Reading festival lol

I do agree though, also sam fender unless he wanted to do it as an honour isn't subbing anywhere.

Edited by gfa

2 hours ago, gfa said:

I do agree though, also sam fender unless he wanted to do it as an honour isn't subbing anywhere.

The Friday at reading isn't sold out (see below)

They always used to prevent there headliners playing at other English festivals in the same year

Screenshot_20230305-192413.png

Just now, Mcbatesman said:

They always used to prevent there headliners playing at other English festivals in the same year

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Also im going to Springsteen and the Friday of reading so that's that arguement out the window 😂

3 hours ago, gfa said:

He's literally supporting Springsteen in Italy. Springsteen is his favourite artist. I think it could happen at BST too. Although he did sub last year, so maybe not.

56 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

He's literally supporting Springsteen in Italy. Springsteen is his favourite artist. I think it could happen at BST too. Although he did sub last year, so maybe not.

Too big in the U.K. now to support at bst 

1 hour ago, Mcbatesman said:

not quite true, r/l always tried to have an amount of exclusivity for their acts at the top of the bill - cos, why buy tickets for reading/leeds if you can see the same acts elsewhere?

1 hour ago, Mcbatesman said:

I meant springsteen is sold out, sam fender fans would still be forced to reading its not like they could easily just pick up london tickets instead 🙂 

1 hour ago, judyblue110 said:

he's not doing stadiums in italy. it would 100% be an exception though and him doing it out of choice

9 hours ago, gfa said:

I meant springsteen is sold out, sam fender fans would still be forced to reading its not like they could easily just pick up london tickets instead 🙂 

he's not doing stadiums in italy. it would 100% be an exception though and him doing it out of choice

The effect would always be on the reading sales, if you have tickets for Bruce and was considering a Friday ticket for fender the him being announced as the main support would make it less likely you buy a reading ticket, especially in the current climate 

2 hours ago, Mcbatesman said:

The effect would always be on the reading sales, if you have tickets for Bruce and was considering a Friday ticket for fender the him being announced as the main support would make it less likely you buy a reading ticket, especially in the current climate 

Yes but my point is no sane bruce springsteen will be going to Reading fest. The average age at bruce is probably 20 years older than at reading

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Yes but my point is no sane bruce springsteen will be going to Reading fest. The average age at bruce is probably 20 years older than at reading

Guess I'm not sane then.....

But that being said you do seem to think you know everything and no one else knows anything 😂

Edited by Mcbatesman
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Mcbatesman said:

Guess I'm not sane then.....

But that being said you do seem to think you know everything and no one else knows anything 😂

My point is that sam fender being added to a sold out show is going to have very little impact on a show aimed at a very different age demographic which has been on sale for 4 months despite being nearby

1 hour ago, gfa said:

My point is that sam fender being added to a sold out show is going to have very little impact on a show aimed at a very different age demographic which has been on sale for 4 months despite being nearby

You don't know that though do you, we are currently in a massive cost of living crisis, people MAY be more hesitant as forking out for expensive tickets at the moment especially as fender is a big fan/supporting Bruce elsewhere