Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

I see Dead Pony are gone from the App. They were on the Castle one of the days very early, I think they were supposed to be first on. Saw them at Truck & YNot and liked them enough to buy tickets for their tour later in the year. I guess the only positive it saves me an earlier start.

Locals…..It’s going to be a nightmare getting down to Southsea if your not close enough to walk 🤦‍♀️.

we live near campsite, so on the stagecoach bus route. In fact the Number 23 will stop near my house. So getting down won’t be too much of an issue. Although Saturday maybe busier as no trains from Havant, so most Leigh Park/Havant, Farlington & Drayton folks will be on buses before they get into Pompey. We always got a choice of seats previous years. But thinking once past Cosham, they will be packed.

Coming back, we chosen to ask my Dad. Anyone living between Southsea to Cosham will use buses, and will probably be quiet after Cosham heading to Havant. Everyone will head for number 23.

They only run every 30mins in the evenings, until 1.30 Friday & Saturday. And 11.30 Sunday.

5 hours ago, kelstar said:

Locals…..It’s going to be a nightmare getting down to Southsea if your not close enough to walk 🤦‍♀️.

we live near campsite, so on the stagecoach bus route. In fact the Number 23 will stop near my house. So getting down won’t be too much of an issue. Although Saturday maybe busier as no trains from Havant, so most Leigh Park/Havant, Farlington & Drayton folks will be on buses before they get into Pompey. We always got a choice of seats previous years. But thinking once past Cosham, they will be packed.

Coming back, we chosen to ask my Dad. Anyone living between Southsea to Cosham will use buses, and will probably be quiet after Cosham heading to Havant. Everyone will head for number 23.

They only run every 30mins in the evenings, until 1.30 Friday & Saturday. And 11.30 Sunday.

Worth noting the number 23 is a fixed £2 ticket at the moment and stops next to the festival. Parking on its route and getting the 23 is an easier and cheaper option than parking in town. Probably faster too. Same for any other local bus routes off the island. 

18 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

Worth noting the number 23 is a fixed £2 ticket at the moment and stops next to the festival. Parking on its route and getting the 23 is an easier and cheaper option than parking in town. Probably faster too. Same for any other local bus routes off the island. 

Just make sure to ask for a single. Also, if you're going as a family they do a £10 all day pass as well.

Also, do we know where the 23 will be going from? I'd normally walk up by Pembroke Park but I'm going to hazard a guess that this is probably out of action?

4 minutes ago, rseamer said:

Has anyone got an issue with the App where it doesn’t update any more?

I’ve noticed the timetable on the website shows the McSpecialGuests on Saturday on the Castle Stage but my app hasn’t updated to show this. 

Mine hasn't updated since Annie Mac changed. I'm hoping it changed pre festival or i'll forget about the special guests. I suspect a lot of people will be unaware that there are even special guests at the moment. 

1 hour ago, s30foster said:

Mine hasn't updated since Annie Mac changed. I'm hoping it changed pre festival or i'll forget about the special guests. I suspect a lot of people will be unaware that there are even special guests at the moment. 

I’d suggest they’re trying to keep it exceptionally quiet.  They removed wunderhorse right away.

The bad thing they’ve done though is not changed the other acts times on that day so people could be planning on seeing them but as soon as the 13.00 Special guest is added it’ll mess things up 

12 hours ago, WhatADin said:

Just make sure to ask for a single. Also, if you're going as a family they do a £10 all day pass as well.

Also, do we know where the 23 will be going from? I'd normally walk up by Pembroke Park but I'm going to hazard a guess that this is probably out of action?

23 starts in Leigh Park, goes via Havant, through Bedhampton, then Farlington/Drayton then into cosham, via north end, commercial road, hard then into Southsea x

A couple more pics from the site build showing a couple of changes on the Common from previous years. 

The first is the new comedy stage on the Common (main stage area). You can see the main stage in the background. 

The second is an additional bar on the Common Stage.

Previously the main bars were down each side of the Common. They are still there but this new bar is immediately opposite the main stage rather than on the side. You can see the comedy tent in the background. This was taken with the main stage behind me. You can also see this bar in the distance in the first pic. 

IMG_7711.jpeg

IMG_7713.jpeg

Edited by rseamer

16 hours ago, sisco said:

I’d suggest they’re trying to keep it exceptionally quiet.  They removed wunderhorse right away.

The bad thing they’ve done though is not changed the other acts times on that day so people could be planning on seeing them but as soon as the 13.00 Special guest is added it’ll mess things up 

Yeah, I was thinking this too. 

3 hours ago, rseamer said:

A couple more pics from the site build showing a couple of changes on the Common from previous years. 

The first is the new comedy stage on the Common (main stage area). You can see the main stage in the background. 

The second is an additional bar on the Common Stage.

Previously the main bars were down each side of the Common. They are still there but this new bar is immediately opposite the main stage rather than on the side. You can see the comedy tent in the background. This was taken with the main stage behind me. You can also see this bar in the distance in the first pic. 

IMG_7711.jpeg

IMG_7713.jpeg

Is it kind of replacing the strongbow arena placement?  I miss that place, it was great for a bit of a dance.