Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

On 5/19/2023 at 11:22 PM, sisco said:

Who? Anyone mentioned the main stages?

No as it mainly local and unsigned it’s all the smaller stages. Although there are some really good bands locally.

check out the comments on Facebook and the Instagram tags xx 

Edited by kelstar

Some real stupid clashes now. Why put Marr up against Mumford. Why not put Sigrid or Goulding on as headliner. I love Johnny Marr but headlining the Castle? Well there goes my chance to see Mumford as my partner hates Mumford and loves Marr and so that decision has been made. I will enjoy Marr as i have many times before its just a shame that I will miss this rare chance to see Mumford & Sons. Is Marr bigger enough to draw most fans away from the Common stage?

I am not at all happy about the potential clashes, far to many to mention but many of them are just so annoying as there is plenty of variety on the poster to offer people real alternatives rather then putting acts with similar fans up against each other.

Also gutted about the Amyl/Kasiers clash

3 hours ago, kelstar said:

Is it me or does there seem to be less acts on the Common /Castle stage.......Longer sets? Longer Breaks....or more announcements

And 

James Walsh on Acoutic Stage Saturday??

Yep, defo less acts.

The stage split is completely unexpected. It’s does not even reflect the poster at all. Even on the most recent poster, vacccines are above Marr, but scheduling means he is above?  Divine Comedy 5th down Main Stage?  It’s seems a real mess.  Let’s hope it works out and less bands = more stage time. 

20 hours ago, roonboyz08 said:

Stage splits have been announced on the main website. Johnny Marr now seems to be headlining the Castle Stage on Sunday and Ben Howard is 3rd down. Also Kate Nash and Sea Girls have swapped days. 

Not sur ehow much to read into this, Crystal Tides for example are showing as opening castle on the saturday and also showing on beat and swings later that day.

Now they did win a competition so weather they are playing twice as the reward or its unfinished i dont know

4 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

Not sur ehow much to read into this, Crystal Tides for example are showing as opening castle on the saturday and also showing on beat and swings later that day.

Now they did win a competition so weather they are playing twice as the reward or its unfinished i dont know

They are local so maybe they had double slots already booked? 

There are some traumatising clashes on this but I see that as a postive that they've nailed some good acts.

Also having a lol that my old media studies teacher Kev is playing the Showcase Stage, haha!

• Upvote 1

All the more excited for this after my first festival of the year just got cancelled 3 days before go 😭😭😭

Train and Hotel booked (non refundable) to Newcastle.  Line up of Ian Brown, Happy Mondays, Cast and the Lightning Seeds for my day.  Quite victorious friendly.  Gutted, but would be a shame to waste a sitter, so night out in the Toon it is then!  

6 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

All the more excited for this after my first festival of the year just got cancelled 3 days before go 😭😭😭

Train and Hotel booked (non refundable) to Newcastle.  Line up of Ian Brown, Happy Mondays, Cast and the Lightning Seeds for my day.  Quite victorious friendly.  Gutted, but would be a shame to waste a sitter, so night out in the Toon it is then!  

Ahhh that sucks but a night on the Toon is still definitely a good idea. Then a decent Dickson's saveloy dip with extra stuffing and mustard the next day to soak it up. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jack01825 said:

local lads thats why

On 5/25/2023 at 8:14 AM, Dg_vic said:

The stage split is completely unexpected. It’s does not even reflect the poster at all. Even on the most recent poster, vacccines are above Marr, but scheduling means he is above?  Divine Comedy 5th down Main Stage?  It’s seems a real mess.  Let’s hope it works out and less bands = more stage time. 

I agree the splits seem a mess, seems like someone added it in a rush as it contains spelling mistakes. 

On 5/24/2023 at 1:16 PM, Dales said:

Some real stupid clashes now. Why put Marr up against Mumford. Why not put Sigrid or Goulding on as headliner. I love Johnny Marr but headlining the Castle? Well there goes my chance to see Mumford as my partner hates Mumford and loves Marr and so that decision has been made. I will enjoy Marr as i have many times before its just a shame that I will miss this rare chance to see Mumford & Sons. Is Marr bigger enough to draw most fans away from the Common stage?

I am not at all happy about the potential clashes, far to many to mention but many of them are just so annoying as there is plenty of variety on the poster to offer people real alternatives rather then putting acts with similar fans up against each other.

Also gutted about the Amyl/Kasiers clash

Why don’t you watch Mumfords and then meet your partner afterwards? Or watch half and half ?