Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

28 minutes ago, sisco said:

Looking at the Tramlines and Truck announcements I’m not sure there’s going to be too much big coming! Probably Professor Green I guess but can’t see any big acts. 

Yeah, I agree. I'm not seeing anything that is likely to be a surprise or a shock at this point. 

10 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

Yeah, I agree. I'm not seeing anything that is likely to be a surprise or a shock at this point. 

same, in all fairness ive very happy and likely to be too busy to see anything else added.

what i see at truck that duplicated at vicky i will miss probably

4 hours ago, sisco said:

Actually a fair few decent ones on the Y Not announcement.  Wouldn’t mind the Lathums and Pigeons

The two out of that line-up for me would definitely be Pigeon Detectives and Mystery Jets. If The Lathums turn up then I would defo go and see them

8 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

An announcement this week too ambitious??

Haha, was thinking the same but every week we say it and get disappointed, fingers crossed but I don’t think we get anything big. All the headliners and special guests are announced. Maybe a sub or sub/sub. headliner or two and a few up new up and coming acts maybe.

14 hours ago, kelstar said:

Haha, was thinking the same but every week we say it and get disappointed, fingers crossed but I don’t think we get anything big. All the headliners and special guests are announced. Maybe a sub or sub/sub. headliner or two and a few up new up and coming acts maybe.

Genuinely think all the big acts are there now, especially having seen the other announcements of the superstruct events.  Holding out hope for the likes of The Pigeon Detectives/Mystery Jets though. 

Jamieaqoui, Friendly Fires, Charlatans

Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Belle & Sebastian

Mumford & Sons, Ellie Goulding, Sigrid

It’s a strong line up tbf. 

9 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Think Y Not is the best line up of all the Festivals I have seen.

Looks decent, Weller adds the legend I think we’re missing this year.  Don’t think there are many we can pinch.  Pigeon Detectives would be ideal, Mystery Jets too and maybe a few smaller acts.

I reckon there must be one more surprise up vics sleeve unless tickets are selling unbelievably well!

Hopefully we will get a few more surprises. Last year they put Roy Stride and James Walsh in afternoon slots on Acoustic stage, but they were announced after the main three announcements. Plus they put on Example on castle against the Libertines on common. And Example was very busy, and did get the field bouncing

5 minutes ago, johnl said:

Just received an email asking me which three bands I’d like to see in 2024 and also whether I’m going this year/top band on this year’s line up.
Perhaps sales not going as well as hoped?

That’s a common thing for festivals.

With the lineup as it is and the lack of  competition with other festivals the same size (some bad lineups) then I’d be amazed if it’s not doing similar numbers at least to last year.  Also been increasing prices that again shows it’s doing ok

2 hours ago, johnl said:

Just received an email asking me which three bands I’d like to see in 2024 and also whether I’m going this year/top band on this year’s line up.
Perhaps sales not going as well as hoped?

Out of interest, what 3 bands for next year did you put down?

For me it has to be Muse, Foals and Wolf Alice. If even one of those bands were at Victorious next year I'd be over the moon! 

3 hours ago, Quiksylver said:

For me it has to be Muse, Foals and Wolf Alice. If even one of those bands were at Victorious next year I'd be over the moon! 

I didn’t put headline bands. I went for Placebo, Interpol and BRMC. Two of those are American so probably unlikely but I tried to pick bands I like that haven’t played it yet (I think).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnl said:

I didn’t put headline bands. I went for Placebo, Interpol and BRMC. Two of those are American so probably unlikely but I tried to pick bands I like that haven’t played it yet (I think).

Nice picks! Seeing those names together makes me think early 00s. Turn on the Bright Lights, Sleeping with Ghosts and Take Them On. What amazing albums and all round great time for music that was. 

Did you like The Music?

Edited by Quiksylver
  • Upvote 1

I’ve actually been wondering if Victorious is trying to make the site bigger this year. They are not having on-site parking, behind the common stage due to Portsmouth clean air act. Plus updates to the site! (States this on the website)

I’m wondering what are the going to do with the car parking space, it’s a big area. Are they going to do nothing or extend the common stage into this area to increase capacity.

13 hours ago, Quiksylver said:

I decided to put down

Kings of Leon - to take the next step of growing the festival I think KOL would be the right size american act to bring over

Foals - Fit perfectly and never disapoint and been a while since they were last there

Liam Gallgher - Matter of time isnt it?