Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

Just now, Jack01825 said:

Is that the final annoucement now then?

Not the biggets fan of mumford but could have been worse!

Vicky quite often for me is not about the healdiners and more about the depth of support which is great again this year

I’d imagine they wanted this name released alone and now there’ll be another poster at the end of March will some more main stage acts. 

41 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

'Mumford and Sons' Sunday night headliner...the person who suggested the headliner would be 'garbage' got closest. 

That would be me and I’m pretty gutted about this announcement… “Bum fun for your mum”…really… I must set my expectations too high… Pretty sure folk were saying Ben Howard would headline the castle stage, really hoping they are wrong and there is something more my cuppa tea still to be announced instead.

Just now, sisco said:

I’d imagine they wanted this name released alone and now there’ll be another poster at the end of March will some more main stage acts. 

Right now there isn't enough we want to see to make us want to buy tickets. The camping/shuttle buses are such a ballache it has to be worth going - and this lineup right now, isn't. So for now, we are out.

2 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

That would be me and I’m pretty gutted about this announcement… “Bum fun for your mum”…really… I must set my expectations too high… Pretty sure folk were saying Ben Howard would headline the castle stage, really hoping they are wrong and there is something more my cuppa tea still to be announced instead.

He’s headlining the castle 

2 minutes ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

Right now there isn't enough we want to see to make us want to buy tickets. The camping/shuttle buses are such a ballache it has to be worth going - and this lineup right now, isn't. So for now, we are out.

Different tastes hey.  So much for me with Saturday being my quieter day. 

Personally well happy with Mumford & Sons, The Enemy, The Vaccines and Hard Fi on the Sunday. Then stuff like Ellie Goulding + Sigrid for my kids. 

Personally not for me, but good for those who enjoy Mumford. Still hoping for something more in 3rd announcement (hoping that comes) maybe something decent on acoustic or beats stage. If not early night for us xx

at least the buses should be empty lol

18 minutes ago, sisco said:

Different tastes hey.  So much for me with Saturday being my quieter day. 

Personally well happy with Mumford & Sons, The Enemy, The Vaccines and Hard Fi on the Sunday. Then stuff like Ellie Goulding + Sigrid for my kids. 

Happy for the folk whose day it has made, but just not for me.  Saturday is my packed for me, but could do with a few more to my taste on the Friday/Sunday.

The Enemy, Blinders and Johnny Marr are all I fancy so far, but will check out newer bands before we go, always get a couple of nice surprises 

hoping for The Cribs, Gaz Coombes and a few others to get announced at the end of the month 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Happy for the folk whose day it has made, but just not for me.  Saturday is my packed for me, but could do with a few more to my taste on the Friday/Sunday.

The Enemy, Blinders and Johnny Marr are all I fancy so far, but will check out newer bands before we go, always get a couple of nice surprises 

hoping for The Cribs, Gaz Coombes and a few others to get announced at the end of the month 

Fingers crossed matey.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, sisco said:

He’s headlining the castle 

I do find that really odd, not because of his popularity but because he’s a very similar style (in my opinion) to Mumford.  I imagine there will be largely 2 camps, those that have to pick between the 2, and those who don’t want to see either 

even spotify backs me up 🤣🤣

9185C16B-8379-4964-B9F2-307F07F26BAB.thumb.png.ad3d94a9d348f73b201c442f910b1f06.png

Edited by Mr Carbohydrate

2 minutes ago, retrokev said:

great booking but not my cuppa and wish there was something more uplisting on castle.early night  or find something on smaller stage

It's quite annoying for clashes. Looking at the headliners for Common and Castle alone they're very samey each night.

Fri - Jamiroquai and Pete Tong Ibiza Classics

Sat - Kasabian and Alt J

Sun - Mumfords and Ben Howard

Do we know if the 'electronic sets' are headliners for Beats and Swing? Clashfinder seems to suggest that but can't see it myself.

• Upvote 1