2000 Trees 2023

itskinglizard

Not in love with the line up so far. I was ready to buy a ticket but I don't know if the undercard is worth the gamble right now - a decent headliner would have sold me. And So I Watch You From Afar is a nice addition, the Oozes blew me away last year, and with the state of other festival line ups this year I'm tempted to take a punt because it's bound to sell out.

8 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Any suggestions of who is on tour at the moment that could be candidates to headline this?

Surprised some of the aforementioned acts like Pup and City and Colour that are around in Europe at the right time aren't playing this (or at least, haven't been announced yet...)

Frank Turner is the big one but if Trees were struggling for headliners, they could have easily bumped up Skindred.

Also PUP played last year so highly doubt they will be back. I reckon they will be at Download and I think City and Colour have played around Trees a few times but never been booked. Happens every year, a few bands suitable for Trees tour Europe around the same time but skip Trees. It even happens to bands like La Dispute and Converge who played ATG in the past missed Trees despite being around and suiting the festival.

6 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Shikari are headlining Slam Dunk, can't see them doing both. 

Ehhh I wouldn't be so sure. Twin Atlantic played Slam Dunk in 2018 and headlined Trees the same year. We had to wait until May for them to be announced though 1, people think that they replaced Brand New and 2, playing low down on the main is far different to headlining a different festival.

Hidden gem I've just found on the line up; Fleshwater - grungey shoegaze ft two members of Vein.fm 

just been through and listened to the whole line up and there's a LOT of punk and indie bands this year, makes me think The Hives is actually possible, if they're trying to cater to a punky demographic, it feels like there's even more bands of that ilk than last year with IDLES headlining. 

Incubus - bad fit for a Trees headline? I think they're about the right size and they're not in the UK often, but when I saw them in London last year they said they'd be back in the UK this year. If Lizard is right about them leaning more into punk this year then perhaps not.

7 hours ago, itskinglizard said:

Hidden gem I've just found on the line up; Fleshwater - grungey shoegaze ft two members of Vein.fm 

just been through and listened to the whole line up and there's a LOT of punk and indie bands this year, makes me think The Hives is actually possible, if they're trying to cater to a punky demographic, it feels like there's even more bands of that ilk than last year with IDLES headlining. 

+1 on Fleshwater. Their album last year was one of my favourites of the year. Would recommend for people who like Deftones and Loathe.

Also Trees has always booked Punk and some Indie bands. Slaves and Nothing But Thieves headlined in 2017. I'd say that Trees is more a Punk and Alt Rock festival. I don't think there is anymore than usual or they're trying to catter to a wildly different demographic. The current line up still feels very 2000trees to me. There is always plenty of Garage Punk and a handful of Post Punk bands every year but they always the ones that seem a bit more raw to me. Someone about The Hives just seem a bit off to me, it's like how a band like Fontaines D.C. wouldn't play despite Post Punk being booked frequently.

Edited by justanothername
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 12:32 PM, sacred shape said:

What are the odds of the Mars Volta?

1. I think they're in Europe around the right time

2. ATG have always wanted to book them, but maybe they're too big for ATG? 

3. I would lose my mind

If they are able to be booked, they'll book them.

The first year I went they just played Mars Volta between bands, it was a miserable time 😂

They've confirmed some days bands are playing on twitter as day tickets are going on sale now

Thursday - Skindred, The Bronx, ASIWYFA, Bob Vylan (guess this confirms they're playing twice?), Kid Kapichi

Friday - Rival Schools, Empire State Bastard, Cancer Bats, The Xcerts, Joyce Manor

Saturday - Frank Carter, Hundred Reasons, Deaf Havana (main & forest), Holding Absence, Pitchshifter, Loathe

1 hour ago, JimMacVeigh said:

Rival Schools and Pitchshifter are both Cave headliners? 

I thought I'd read Rival Schools were the Axiom.

FWIW, here's my not-based-on-much predictions from the above.

Thursday:

Main - Skindred, The Wonder Years

Axiom - ASIWYFA, Kid Kapichi

Cave - The Bronx, Bob Vylan

Friday:

Main - Empire State Bastard, The Xcerts

Axiom - Rival Schools, Joyce Manor

Cave - Cancer Bats

Saturday:

Main: Frank Carter, Hundred Reasons, Deaf Havana, Holding Absence

Axiom:

Cave: Pitchschifter, Loathe

2 hours ago, Andrinald said:

I thought I'd read Rival Schools were the Axiom.

FWIW, here's my not-based-on-much predictions from the above.

Thursday:

Main - Skindred, The Wonder Years

Axiom - ASIWYFA, Kid Kapichi

Cave - The Bronx, Bob Vylan

Friday:

Main - Empire State Bastard, The Xcerts

Axiom - Rival Schools, Joyce Manor

Cave - Cancer Bats

Saturday:

Main: Frank Carter, Hundred Reasons, Deaf Havana, Holding Absence

Axiom:

Cave: Pitchschifter, Loathe

Quite possibly regarding Rival Schools!  I couldn’t remember if it was the Axiom or the Cave but I think you’re right. 

What do people think of neck deep?

they’ve got a new song out next week and aren’t doing slam dunk/any other festivals yet as far as I can see 

just kind of surprised they haven’t been mention yet so guessing there is a reason?

3 hours ago, madox said:

they’ve got a new song out next week and aren’t doing slam dunk/any other festivals yet as far as I can see 

just kind of surprised they haven’t been mention yet so guessing there is a reason?

There touring with yungblud next week so they could be annouced if there playing after the tour finishes.

On 2/7/2023 at 2:49 PM, madox said:

Would be all over it. Got more than enough of a back log to headline!

On 2/7/2023 at 2:49 PM, madox said:

personally can't stand them, I would argue they'd be a decent headliner but not over Skindred, if Skindred can't be a headliner I can't see reason for Neck Deep to be, not yet

On 2/9/2023 at 6:33 AM, itskinglizard said:

personally can't stand them, I would argue they'd be a decent headliner but not over Skindred, if Skindred can't be a headliner I can't see reason for Neck Deep to be, not yet

In agreement with this. Cant stand Neck Deep, and if Skindred aren't headline size then I don't see how Neck Deep are.

I think Kid Kapichi have confirmed on their IG that they're playing main stage this year.