What was your first headliner!

Cleverleyson

8 hours ago, bexj said:

I think it must have been Bjork in 1994..  But I don't remember it!  I do remember The Levellers though, but I think that was later in the weekend.  Bit sketchy! 

I was going to say Rage Against the Machine but this reminded me they didn’t headline, the Levellers were on after them on the Friday. 
Bjork was on the Saturday before Orbital. 

10 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

I was going to say Rage Against the Machine but this reminded me they didn’t headline, the Levellers were on after them on the Friday. 
Bjork was on the Saturday before Orbital. 

Thanks for sorting that out for me!!  So Levellers ir was!  And Orbital! 

• Upvote 1

The Black Crowes on the old Pyramid on the Friday in 1993.

From before the era of television cameras at the fest, and massive headliners. Despite what click bait journos would have you believe, they were excellent and one of the best live bands of that time.

Only very poor video of it exists but this is from ‘95 when they subbed before Oasis.

24 minutes ago, clarkete said:

1985 but I definitely don't have a programme, was that maybe Style Council?

Headliners were Joe Cocker, Ian Dury and Hugh Masekela. The Style Council played before Dury. Seem to remember Weller wearing white denim whilst we were all wearing mud. 

13 hours ago, Cleverleyson said:

I been on a little rabbit hole oh old Glastonbury gigs and just found this wonerfull video. Little too deep into the cider and going down memory lane, but this was my first headliner. Bowie was saturday mind. But this was moment for a me. Folklore is the chemicals were too loud that they would never be on the pyramid again and i like that story.

2000 was mine too - I think it was Travis on the Friday night? Caught the second half of Chemical Brothers after Moby on the other and had my mind opened.

To our shame as un-rebellious 17yr olds from the shires who needed a lift back, we weren't fussed about Bowie so went home Sunday afternoon  - still cant believe we did that!!

12 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Headliners were Joe Cocker, Ian Dury and Hugh Masekela. The Style Council played before Dury. Seem to remember Weller wearing white denim whilst we were all wearing mud. 

Wow you've got a good memory 🙂 

I recall Hugh Masekela being good