There is a magic about this place!

circus92

10 hours ago, circus92 said:

I know you all know this already,  but there is an indescribable magic about this place.   I have only been here for 7 hours and it has got me already, and I’m not even in the gates yet!!!

I have such high expectations thanks to you lot, and was worried it wouldn’t live up, and yet I am already in love.

I have had a fantastic day - great spot in E19, made friends with 4 neighbours who are all beyond friendly and were all falling over themselves to help me with my tent.

Had a bbq in glorious sunshine , a few ciders and now sitting on the hill watching the sunset.  The atmosphere is electric - you can actually feel it ❤️

There is an aura about the place that I cannot describe - just looking down below at what lies in wait is incredible  -  I can’t wait to get in through the gates tomorrow!

😍😍😍

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so it’s just over a week on from my post describing the feelings I got when sitting on the hill in anticipation of what was lying in wait down below.  I have barely been on eFests since then as I just haven’t had the time and that is because I have literally had one of the best weeks of my life.  My first Glastonbury has exceeded my expectations in pretty much every way which is something I did not think was possible!

I had so many special moments from arriving on Tuesday lunchtime right through until Monday morning.  So many memories that will last lifetime – I am still on a high from what I have just experienced.  I kind of had two phases of my festival – Tuesday lunchtime until Friday morning when I was on my own (but most definitely not on my own), then from Friday Lunchtime when my family arrived, and the music started for real.  Both phases were different but equally brilliant.  The first few days were made very special mainly down to the people I met – lovely neighbours in the CV fields, and then finally meeting up with many of you eFesters.  I really couldn’t have hoped to have met a nicer bunch of people and it was brilliant to put faces to names.  After the eFests meet, a number of us then went off to the railway line to watch the fireworks which were brilliant. Given that I was on my own until Friday when my family arrived, and had no clue where to go or what to do, words cannot express how grateful I am to you all – not mentioning any particular names, but you all know who you are.    Okay, I said I wouldn’t mention names, but in the case of the absolute legend that is @crazyfool1, I have to make an exception as he then very kindly offered to go for a wander round the site with me.  The two of us explored until the small hours and I had a magical evening.  We saw some completely random stuff, and he also took me up to the Glasto sign around midnight and then got me to turn around – the view was glorious and literally took my breath away.  What a night and what a great intro to the festival!  You will never understand how much this meant to me! 🙏

If the first few days were incredible, the rest of the weekend completely lived up to the hype as well – it was literally perfect – the weather, the people, the music and the food. 

Some highlights (of many) –

My Daughter had just finished her GCSE’s on Thursday and flew into Bristol early on Friday morning.  I had been worrying about flight cancellations so was a bit stressed – but they were bang on time.  The one act she wanted to see above all others was Inhaler who were on in the JP at 3pm Friday.  We arrived in for the last few songs of Griff and to her complete surprise during the changeover she managed to bag a spot on the barrier right in the centre of the stage for her and her brother!  The look of happiness on her face is something I will never forget.  What a way to celebrate finishing your exams and kick things off!

First ever act on the Pyramid – Wolf Alice who absolutely smashed it

Standing in a great spot between the sound towers waiting for Sam Fender who was arguably the act I was most excited for.  Looking up at the overcast sky above expecting rain, and then just as his band started up the clouds started to part, blue skies appeared, and the sun appeared.  It felt like divine intervention. Absolutely magical scenes, beautiful sunset and I wish I could have bottled that moment.

Daughter wanted to see Olivia Rodrigo.  What a surprise - I knew a few songs but wouldn’t have been my choice – ended up being one of my sets of the weekend.  We got there early and got in the pit. Absolute scenes all the way through – crowd were right up for it and her performance blew me away. You can easily see she is going to be huge, and this is after only one album.  F*** You with Lily Allen was one of those “you had to be there” moments.  Brilliant!

Watched a bit of McCartney (7 songs) and just wasn’t feeling it all.  Really wanted to see Jessie Ware anyway.  Met up with my Wife, and the two of us headed up to The Park which was pretty quiet.  It was the correct call – absolutely loved it up there and she put on a fantastic performance.  Got quite close to the stage, plenty of space, great crowd and vibe. Danced the night away – absolute heaven.  That night we just fell in love with the whole Park area – there is something magical up there and we felt it big time.  Got a bit emotional.

Pet Shop Boys – no explanation needed.  Legends – what a way to finish the best week ever.

I could keep going, but those are the main highlights

To summarize it all feels like it was a dream.  I still haven’t come back down to earth yet – it was everything I had hoped for and much, much more.  It was great to meet so many of you - can’t wait to see you all in the fields next year ❤😍

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

That's awesome pal. I know you were already having a blast when I saw you on Wednesday, and it just sounds like it got better and better for you. Properly made up for you, after thinking you'd made it and then might not make it and back to the start again. Been a joy to watch you getting excited for it.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Okay, so it’s just over a week on from my post describing the feelings I got when sitting on the hill in anticipation of what was lying in wait down below.  I have barely been on eFests since then as I just haven’t had the time and that is because I have literally had one of the best weeks of my life.  My first Glastonbury has exceeded my expectations in pretty much every way which is something I did not think was possible!

I had so many special moments from arriving on Tuesday lunchtime right through until Monday morning.  So many memories that will last lifetime – I am still on a high from what I have just experienced.  I kind of had two phases of my festival – Tuesday lunchtime until Friday morning when I was on my own (but most definitely not on my own), then from Friday Lunchtime when my family arrived, and the music started for real.  Both phases were different but equally brilliant.  The first few days were made very special mainly down to the people I met – lovely neighbours in the CV fields, and then finally meeting up with many of you eFesters.  I really couldn’t have hoped to have met a nicer bunch of people and it was brilliant to put faces to names.  After the eFests meet, a number of us then went off to the railway line to watch the fireworks which were brilliant. Given that I was on my own until Friday when my family arrived, and had no clue where to go or what to do, words cannot express how grateful I am to you all – not mentioning any particular names, but you all know who you are.    Okay, I said I wouldn’t mention names, but in the case of the absolute legend that is @crazyfool1, I have to make an exception as he then very kindly offered to go for a wander round the site with me.  The two of us explored until the small hours and I had a magical evening.  We saw some completely random stuff, and he also took me up to the Glasto sign around midnight and then got me to turn around – the view was glorious and literally took my breath away.  What a night and what a great intro to the festival!  You will never understand how much this meant to me! 🙏

If the first few days were incredible, the rest of the weekend completely lived up to the hype as well – it was literally perfect – the weather, the people, the music and the food. 

Some highlights (of many) –

My Daughter had just finished her GCSE’s on Thursday and flew into Bristol early on Friday morning.  I had been worrying about flight cancellations so was a bit stressed – but they were bang on time.  The one act she wanted to see above all others was Inhaler who were on in the JP at 3pm Friday.  We arrived in for the last few songs of Griff and to her complete surprise during the changeover she managed to bag a spot on the barrier right in the centre of the stage for her and her brother!  The look of happiness on her face is something I will never forget.  What a way to celebrate finishing your exams and kick things off!

First ever act on the Pyramid – Wolf Alice who absolutely smashed it

Standing in a great spot between the sound towers waiting for Sam Fender who was arguably the act I was most excited for.  Looking up at the overcast sky above expecting rain, and then just as his band started up the clouds started to part, blue skies appeared, and the sun appeared.  It felt like divine intervention. Absolutely magical scenes, beautiful sunset and I wish I could have bottled that moment.

Daughter wanted to see Olivia Rodrigo.  What a surprise - I knew a few songs but wouldn’t have been my choice – ended up being one of my sets of the weekend.  We got there early and got in the pit. Absolute scenes all the way through – crowd were right up for it and her performance blew me away. You can easily see she is going to be huge, and this is after only one album.  F*** You with Lily Allen was one of those “you had to be there” moments.  Brilliant!

Watched a bit of McCartney (7 songs) and just wasn’t feeling it all.  Really wanted to see Jessie Ware anyway.  Met up with my Wife, and the two of us headed up to The Park which was pretty quiet.  It was the correct call – absolutely loved it up there and she put on a fantastic performance.  Got quite close to the stage, plenty of space, great crowd and vibe. Danced the night away – absolute heaven.  That night we just fell in love with the whole Park area – there is something magical up there and we felt it big time.  Got a bit emotional.

Pet Shop Boys – no explanation needed.  Legends – what a way to finish the best week ever.

I could keep going, but those are the main highlights

To summarize it all feels like it was a dream.  I still haven’t come back down to earth yet – it was everything I had hoped for and much, much more.  It was great to meet so many of you - can’t wait to see you all in the fields next year ❤😍

Just soo happy you enjoyed yourself after all this time 🙂 see you next time I’m sure 

• Thanks 1