The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

5 hours ago, dansy said:

I’ve been packing for hot weather today (mid-high 20s) and now I might have to pack for cooler temps + rain?? It’s making choosing outfits a disaster. I guess I’ll do it all Tuesday. 

Pack for warm weather plus a couple of fleeces (and leggings/joggers) and a raincoat.  Decent boots.  Sorted for anything.

• Like 1

Just now, DYRTFT said:

Wed until Friday at 6pm DRY 

Friday 6pm until Saturday 6pm raining on and off with some potential heavier stuff.

Saturday 6pm until end of the festival DRY.

Where did you get the on and off bit, simulation doesn't show that, shows mostly none stop rain for 24 hours...

This is the total accumulated rain between now and 12pm Sunday, up to 50mm... A terrible run... Burn it, burn it with fire.... 

image.png.703cf187bd1edd574d4c8a6481b36b82.png

OK I am being dramatic, 50mm isn't that much, it includes the rain that will fall from this Sunday - Weds... at around 30mm

So it's only really 10 - 20mm in one day, despite the horrendous 3 hourly charts. It's definitely no 2007 60.1mm!!!

image.png.ae7ded2a3c2be38feaced4fc1d855022.png

Still, f**k the GFS, I want it DEAD! I want it's family DEAD! I want it's processors burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna PISS ON IT'S ASHES!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Where did you get the on and off bit, simulation doesn't show that, shows mostly none stop rain for 24 hours...

This is the total accumulated rain between now and 12pm Sunday, up to 50mm... A terrible run... Burn it, burn it with fire.... 

OK I am being dramatic, 50mm isn't that much, it includes the rain that will fall from this Sunday - Weds... at around 30mm

So it's only really 10 - 20mm in one day, despite the horrendous 3 hourly charts. It's definitely no 2007 60.1mm!!!

Still, f**k the GFS, I want it DEAD! I want it's family DEAD! I want it's processors burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna PISS ON IT'S ASHES!

You pretty much answer your own question. There’s not enough rain output predicted for it to be constantly raining for the whole 24 hours, hence it would be on and off. Irrelevant anyway, ECM is our friend. 

1 minute ago, DYRTFT said:

The ECM tonight is showing completely different and much more favourable for the weekend. 

Yep, glad you mentioned it, I literally just downloaded this to restore some faith in here...

The much nicer, more accurate, ECMWF shows only 1mm of rain from gates opening Weds 😁

image.gif.ee945a862b770ae070d7abb1a958e44b.gif

f**k the GFS!!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

Still not seen anything saying I need to pack wellies tbh.

No I agree, even that GFS run is not welly material.

Can we all just agree that to hate the GFS though?

Nobody 'wants' that run to be accurate, surely? 

15 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

50mm isn't much? It's close to a month's worth of rain 

17 minutes ago, Alvoram said:
Still, f**k the GFS, I want it DEAD! I want it's family DEAD! I want its processors burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna PISS ON IT'S ASHES!

You do realise that if AI should take control of everything; you are very much “on a list” now

37 minutes ago, tarw said:

You do realise that if AI should take control of everything; you are very much “on a list” now

You assume I wasn't already?

But seriously, why is that? I'm a little confused, can't even see which post you quote.

If it was the movie quote, AI is far to clever not realise that was a movie quote.