Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

5 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Isn’t Mad Cool using also this place for their next edition? I’m quite curious to see how’s that going to work, maybe they will use Primavera’s mistakes and improve the site and the connection to the site.

However from dozens of people that I spoke in the festival, almost no one wants to comeback here to Arganda next year. 

i believe there has been a Stopmadcool23 account or hashtag on twitter for a while 

7 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Isn’t Mad Cool using also this place for their next edition? I’m quite curious to see how’s that going to work, maybe they will use Primavera’s mistakes and improve the site and the connection to the site.

However from dozens of people that I spoke in the festival, almost no one wants to comeback here to Arganda next year. 

Different place, much closer to the center. Hopefully they still learn from PS mistakes though, especially rain wise. The site is still under construction.

5 hours ago, Bergotas said:

Was there any place that announced pre-sale 2024 tickets as it was in bcn (ron brugal stage)?? 

Yes. I think they announced that in every stage. But didn't mention any city, only it's a exclusive for Santander Bank.

Despite Thursday and Death Grips, talking about music, the festival was great. No issues, loud and clear, saw good acts and another DM gig with an audience for that.

Went early and leave early both days, but I have friends that stayed 2 hours in a line for the shuttles too. For me it's the last, next time a small fest and inside the city.

My top 10 from the best 

Swans

Depeche Mode

My Morning Jacket

Nation of Language 

Pet Shop Boys

Wednesday

Gabriels

Julia Holter

St. Vincent

Crack Cloud

13 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Was anyone else at gilla band , that was f**king amazing, under the garage holy jesus f**king hell 

I thought they were great in Barcelona - coming off the back off Litvrgy too & they still sounded as ferocious - was a bit slow to the fact they used to be Girl Band, so only really knew their latest album.

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

I know that the 4 day festival did not work well for the sales in Porto. Idk why they moved it one day later tho, maybe something to do with Madrid edition, maybe Madrid is getting 4 days…

Jeez, imagine going in and out to Madrid for 4 days! A fate worse than death!

A lot of people on Reddit are pretty odious and whine about everything (there was a guy angry with all of Portugal because he got pickpocketed) but they are right on Madrid.

There was also hardly attempt to control the queue which meant people were cutting in en masse, a kick in the teeth to the people who ended up waiting 2 hours plus.

What they will do is determine whether the very low ticket sales were because of the location. If so, they’ll have to find a new one (might not be possible). If not, Madrid is dead. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, xxialac said:

A lot of people on Reddit are pretty odious and whine about everything (there was a guy angry with all of Portugal because he got pickpocketed) but they are right on Madrid.

There was also hardly attempt to control the queue which meant people were cutting in en masse, a kick in the teeth to the people who ended up waiting 2 hours plus.

What they will do is determine whether the very low ticket sales were because of the location. If so, they’ll have to find a new one (might not be possible). If not, Madrid is dead. 

To be honest, I don’t know how they can improve the transport situation if they continue with Arganda location. There’s just no transport to Madrid besides the shuttles, even if they double the amount of the shuttles and taxis it’s still going to take long to go and comeback, it’s just too far. And the aim of the festival is to grow, imagine if more people come next year (if the festival happens), it’s going to be even crazier. A camping area could solve this, but nobody wants to camp there. The only solution for the festival is to move closer to the city. 

42 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

To be honest, I don’t know how they can improve the transport situation if they continue with Arganda location. There’s just no transport to Madrid besides the shuttles, even if they double the amount of the shuttles and taxis it’s still going to take long to go and comeback, it’s just too far. And the aim of the festival is to grow, imagine if more people come next year (if the festival happens), it’s going to be even crazier. A camping area could solve this, but nobody wants to camp there. The only solution for the festival is to move closer to the city. 

Couldn’t agree more. Argenda can never happen again.

• Upvote 1