Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

3 minutes ago, ThomT94 said:

Metro to Civitas not nearly as packed as I was expecting it to be, in Barcelona last year everything was crammed

Should be there by 6 I hope, gonna be good. 45min is a very long time for a shuttle even with bad traffic 

Especially as you have to 'shuttle' to where the shuttle starts from!

Just now, xxialac said:

Especially as you have to 'shuttle' to where the shuttle starts from!

I'm staying just a few minutes walk from Plaza de Cibeles, and it is taking me 40min on the metro just to get to Civitas, and then it's a bus after that

Compared to getting a single tram to right outside Parc del Forum it's ridiculous 

19 minutes ago, ThomT94 said:

I'm staying just a few minutes walk from Plaza de Cibeles, and it is taking me 40min on the metro just to get to Civitas, and then it's a bus after that

Compared to getting a single tram to right outside Parc del Forum it's ridiculous 

This is why nobody I know went to the Madrid edition. 

The answer is for Madrid’s version to be a high quality Ciutat (i.e in town) week where you rank your e.g. top 20 acts and then an algorithm automatically assigns tickets to you based on availability and your preferences.

If you’re reading this PS you can have this idea royalty free!

Had a wee walk about the site , much more compact than Barca, if going from mains stages to cupra , once you out of the crowd, not even 10 mins , the fake grass in front of the cupra , Amazon, Ron brugal, plenitude stages , but main has grass, is a gravel area near the front , people already got spots , I'm assuming for DM and Kendrick 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The answer is for Madrid’s version to be a high quality Ciutat (i.e in town) week where you rank your e.g. top 20 acts and then an algorithm automatically assigns tickets to you based on availability and your preferences.

If you’re reading this PS you can have this idea royalty free!

Now I have been all round the metropolitano stadium, just have it there , plenty space around the stadium 

Road access seems pretty bad to be this far away from the city. Already very long vehicle queues. Thought that would be an advantage of being this far. Also a silly arrangement where wristbands are given further away than where the actual access is.

Other than that, great weather, dry ground and not many people so far. Let's do it!

Edited by yosoyyoberdi

An hour to get the bus to the site! That’s after getting to the stadium and the faff with wristbands and walking up for the bus there. 
I don’t think they do Madrid next year personally but if they do, suck it up and pay whatever they’re after for hotels and flights for Barcelona!

Hope Madrid people are managing to enjoy it despite the problems!

21 hours ago, Last_Exit said:

Why would I have that kind of filter on when trying to find the cheapest deal for myself?

I like a hotel (Airbnb ruins cities) in walking distance of the site - this year's was 40mins walk and €1000 for 7 nights. I'll keep an eye out obviously but the best I can do for 2024 at this stage is €1400.

Just checked and 90% of places don't even have bookings open yet, must be some random algorithm with three-star hotels asking for €8,000 for a week a year in advance. Just seen a 3-star rated apartment asking for €27,000 for the week!

I booked a couple weeks before this year and around poblenou there were a couple of places for around €1400 for the week available. Hell I remember the travel lodge there having space and was around €1300.

Personally I like to book around Placa De Catalunya; good central location for the city, and if you're the east side you're close to the yellow line by jumping on at Urquinea.

yeh we booked the princess - right at the entrance to the fest - about 3 or 4 months before i think this year. might’ve been a cancellation i guess 

previously we’d stayed in the diagonal zero, also just opposite, and their sales only went live about eight months in advance if i recall - a bit like easyjet releasing schedules.

if you look on the hotels’ own websites and see the most advanced date you can book today, that gives you a timescale you can work backwards from and strike whenever may 31st booking kicks in. 

if you’re obsessive, like me that is.  

What a disaster, Madrid!!

I leave my hotel near Prado around 19.15

Get to Civitas Metropolitan at 20.00

From there, I have to make a big round of the stadium to get the wristband and walk to the shuttle bus.

I get on the bus at 20.45 only to arrive at the venue at 22.00!

Almost 3 hours to get to the festival, this is the worst I have ever seen!

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Limonado said:

What a disaster, Madrid!!

I leave my hotel near Prado around 19.15

Get to Civitas Metropolitan at 20.00

From there, I have to make a big round of the stadium to get the wristband and walk to the shuttle bus.

I get on the bus at 20.45 only to arrive at the venue at 22.00!

Almost 3 hours to get to the festival, this is the worst I have ever seen!

Getting back will be a bastard. 

Got to the stadium when guns n roses were clearing out, made the last metro. No idea how people will get from the shuttle drop off to the city centre

Festival itself was fine, sound a bit iffy on plenitude due to other stages and the timing there affected cupra - Delgados had to wait on stage while Beth orton finished up

a lot of the problems are fixable but the location is the biggest issue, total ball ache to get to and back

2 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

I not a rich guy , but there is a cost benefit analysis for each person who comes to Primavera at Madrid. For me just on direct flights I saved £200 because of F1 on same time at Barcelona. Primavera

So choose your poison 

Go to Porto instead.

• Upvote 1