Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Good looking system for Ciutat this year.

Have to pay a 10 euro/concert deposit which should help stop no shows 

VIP get priority in booking which is a major new perk for them and could in theory mean some concerts are sold out before open to GA. 

Vip getting priority for Wednesday's openning day makes sense, but not giving priority to regular ticket holders over non-ticket holders sucks. Might be hard to get in

• Upvote 1

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

Vip getting priority for Wednesday's openning day makes sense, but not giving priority to regular ticket holders over non-ticket holders sucks. Might be hard to get in

Not if they have the Weds act on the main stage for the first time (which I suspect is the plan).

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Not if they have the Weds act on the main stage for the first time (which I suspect is the plan).

Tickets are open for everyone without deposit. This means every Barcelona resident can register for free, so why wouldnt they? Register and decide later if youre going...

If its not in the main stage it really gonna suck.

Really annoying, I booked a flight a day early for that, they mentioned many times it will be open for all Without tickets

• Upvote 1

Tickets are open for everyone without deposit. This means every Barcelona resident can register for free, so why wouldnt they? Register and decide later if youre going...

If its not in the main stage it really gonna suck.

Really annoying, I booked a flight a day early for that, they mentioned many times it will be open for all Without tickets

The forum is massive and I’d be confident that even in that unlikely worst case scenario they would still allow some entries to ticketholders only on the day. 

And a lot of residents will be clueless of the need to pre-book at a specific early date and time. They’re not following things closely as we are, they’re not getting an email reminder etc.

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The forum is massive and I’d be confident that even in that unlikely worst case scenario they would still allow some entries to ticketholders only on the day. 

And a lot of residents will be clueless of the need to pre-book at a specific early date and time. They’re not following things closely as we are, they’re not getting an email reminder etc.

We said the same thing last year about entering the ciudad shows. If it's not on the main stage it's going to be nearly impossible, if it's on the main stage we'll have to be on the spot and hope for faster internet connection than others...

Edited by JedTheHumanoid

We said the same thing last year about entering the ciudad shows. If it's not on the main stage it's going to be nearly impossible, if it's on the main stage we'll have to be on the spot and hope for gaster internet connection than others...

I don’t think so. People who wanted to go to the free Weds shows in the past always got in and, ok, PSB are a bigger draw but would be balanced out by using Mordor. 

Can’t compare to the mishandled Ciutat shows last year which had its own unique set of circumstances.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I don’t think so. People who wanted to go to the free Weds shows in the past always got in and, ok, PSB are a bigger draw but would be balanced out by using Mordor. 

Can’t compare to the mishandled Ciutat shows last year which had its own unique set of circumstances.

Let's just hope it's im the mordor, will make everything simpler

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, homesick said:

Am I right in thinking it’s unlikely a lot of the Primavera en la Ciudad concerts will make it past the VIP stage?

I have a general ticket for Madrid and hoping to go to the War on Drugs at la Riviera

No one knows but it’s possible.

Given VIP a disaster last year, should be fewer sales.

Plus a lot (but not all) of VIP are buying primarily for extra comfort and are more fairweather than GA ticketholders.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bobhoward said:

I also agree it looks very weird to put Darkside at LA2 when they are a much bigger draw than that. Why not at least have them at the main apolo stage?

This really does not make sense unless they have already planned something for Sala Apolo and will announce that later.

Oooh wow yeah that VIP perk is pretty nice. Really destresses the next week.

Overall very impressed. It's obviously not at the level of last year but compared to almost every year before this is leagues above (nothing will beat LCD at Sala Barts).

Normally do everything in my power to not leave the house on the Sunday but might have to venture out as that day is stacked.

1 hour ago, Whos3000_ said:

no mention on the auditorium shows. Those would really benefit from reservation. Last year it was a disaster (at least 45 min to 1 h of cueing before the shows)

If I remember they did talk about reservations for those too but I wouldn’t be surprised if they just go for the old system of no queues for VIPs, queue for GA as this seemed to work fine for all previous years.

But also feel that it will be easier to get in this year. Last year’s intense post covid enthusiasm (and stronger lineup) won’t be replicated.

Ciutat tickets on sale since May 9th (for VIPs) - this might mean that we will get the timetable before that. Or are we supposed to choose our ciutat programme without knowing which artists we can't see during the main days because of clashes?