Bristol Airport - cab share?

Sara77

I am landing at Bristol Airport on the Thursday at 2pm - I was wondering if anyone would like to share a taxi direct to the festival site?

Or failing that - tell me how to get there?! 😂

1 hour ago, Sara77 said:

Bristol Airport Flyer to Bristol Temple Meads or Bristol Bus Station.  Then shuttle to fest or train to Castle Cary from BTM, or National Express from bus station.  Up to you.  Look at website for transport options from Bristol.

I'd keep an eye out at the boarding gate beforehand, looking for other likely festival goers - there's a decent chance you won't be the only one on the flight. Even if you are, do likewise in the baggage claim area as there may be people coming off other flights headed to the Festival.

Would think that if you can find someone (even just one person) then sharing a Taxi to the site is a better option than travelling into Bristol - you're already arriving "late", so presumably you don't want to lose an extra 2+ hours mucking about with some combination of shuttle buses, coaches, and trains.

Tbh if it came in under about 60 quid, I'd consider the Taxi on my own, but I suspect that these days it's probably a bit more than that.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, incident said:

I'd keep an eye out at the boarding gate beforehand, looking for other likely festival goers - there's a decent chance you won't be the only one on the flight. Even if you are, do likewise in the baggage claim area as there may be people coming off other flights headed to the Festival.

Would think that if you can find someone (even just one person) then sharing a Taxi to the site is a better option than travelling into Bristol - you're already arriving "late", so presumably you don't want to lose an extra 2+ hours mucking about with some combination of shuttle buses, coaches, and trains.

Tbh if it came in under about 60 quid, I'd consider the Taxi on my own, but I suspect that these days it's probably a bit more than that.

Might not be too bad cost wise - my wife's best friend got a taxi from NW Bristol to PGA for £50 in 2019. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sara77 said:

I am landing at Bristol Airport on the Thursday at 2pm - I was wondering if anyone would like to share a taxi direct to the festival site?

We arrive a day before you - booked taxi from airport via https://www.minicabit.com/ - hope that helps.

Edited by blakester
  • Thanks 1