Activities to do with the kids on site

ShuMart

Whilst I have been many times myself, doing activities with the kids is something I have never really explored. I have taken the kids in on a Sunday in the past and done the kids field but I was wondering what else is on offer.

I'm taking my kids for the whole festival this year for the first time, my kids are 9 & 11 and been to many Beautiful days and enjoy the craft tents and some of the theatre stuff. 

Can anyone recommend anything they have tried in the past?

my kids are also 9 and 11... they went in 2019 and loved it. They weren't into all the music but had an amazing time. They are going again this year. We spent time in the kidz field, circus tent and just walked around and enjoyed the different sites and experiences. A little bit of everything was key.     

....and ice cream. 

On 4/26/2022 at 5:05 PM, blutarsky said:

Green crafts would be a good area to explore. 

On 4/26/2022 at 5:12 PM, Neil said:

cabaret marquee is normaly chilled,~( and a bit adult with the language.)

Green crafts sounds like it will be right up their street, as does the cabaret marquee. 

They will be forced to sit with me at the brother bar and the cider bus but im not sure they will enjoy it as much as me

I'd say that's the perfect age to take your kids btw, you're gonna have a brilliant weekend. They can still do most of the kids stuff whilst being much lower maintenance and more likely to enjoy the music and general exploring. Best of both worlds, you've nailed it 🙂

My eldest was 11 in 2019, I took her to see the crane at 1am and then we went on a mission to find churros on the way back. She had an absolutely great time and it's one of my favourite nights ever.

Edited by Junglist1981
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I took my son in 2017 when he was 9 and he had a great time.  Apart from what is mentioned above, he liked some of the activities run at the theatre and circus tent.  Some have to be booked (go early) but some you can just turn up for e.g. slacklines

There was a place where you could make some clay models and although we didn't go, the Pilton Palais for a family film might be useful if the weather is bad or if you need a break from the madness.

Special mention for the 'try an instrument' tent in the Kidzfield.  Went there a couple of times and they were really good at teaching the kids a tune to play together.

On 4/28/2022 at 4:00 PM, Junglist1981 said:

I'd say that's the perfect age to take your kids btw, you're gonna have a brilliant weekend. They can still do most of the kids stuff whilst being much lower maintenance and more likely to enjoy the music and general exploring. Best of both worlds, you've nailed it 🙂

My eldest was 11 in 2019, I took her to see the crane at 1am and then we went on a mission to find churros on the way back. She had an absolutely great time and it's one of my favourite nights ever.

I seen Subfocus at Pangea last time, I will definitely be heading there one night with the kids.

16 hours ago, gtf said:

I took my son in 2017 when he was 9 and he had a great time.  Apart from what is mentioned above, he liked some of the activities run at the theatre and circus tent.  Some have to be booked (go early) but some you can just turn up for e.g. slacklines

There was a place where you could make some clay models and although we didn't go, the Pilton Palais for a family film might be useful if the weather is bad or if you need a break from the madness.

Special mention for the 'try an instrument' tent in the Kidzfield.  Went there a couple of times and they were really good at teaching the kids a tune to play together.

All keep an eye out for the try an instrument test. Good to know some stuff needs booking, we are in east campervans so  the thearlre / circus area will we the first thing we will see. I'll have a good look at what we can book

• 2 weeks later...