2019 Coach Times and Locations

Gnomicide

2 hours ago, Lunabella said:

Having a debate with my group about wether to go for single or return coach tickets. Is it easier to get the coach or train back normally?

Anyone know how many single coach tickets there are? I don't even remember actually seeing them - i bet theres a tiny amount

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Anyone know how many single coach tickets there are? I don't even remember actually seeing them - i bet theres a tiny amount

3 coaches worth (~150 tickets) on the 7:30am Bristol departure this year. No idea how that fluctuated through the day.

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

The singles? or does that include return tickets too

Nope, Bristol alternates departures* - returns leaving half past the even numbered hours, singles on odd numbered hours.

*or at least has done so far

16 minutes ago, incident said:

Nope, Bristol alternates departures* - returns leaving half past the even numbered hours, singles on odd numbered hours.

ooh interesting, cheers

wonder if bristol has lots of singles due to being so close

17 minutes ago, incident said:

weirdly i just presumed the tickets weren't for specific departures wether single or return and they just lumped them in together ? not doubting but interested how you know ...

17 minutes ago, incident said:

That might not be the case any more. I had a return that left Bristol at 9:30am this year. There were several coaches there, so maybe some were singles and some were returns.

1 hour ago, moogster said:

Yeah once took the train back. Was a massive pain, between the wait for the shuttle then the train...

Never heard anything positive about getting the train, especially on the Monday!

The one time I did it was in 2019 when I only went as far as Bristol Temple Meads before the coach for the company (Avalon Events) I was working for picked us up.....

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

weirdly i just presumed the tickets weren't for specific departures wether single or return and they just lumped them in together ? not doubting but interested how you know ...

They might do, at other destinations.

Bristol is the only one I can remember specifics of though.

7 minutes ago, Simsy said:

That might not be the case any more. I had a return that left Bristol at 9:30am this year. There were several coaches there, so maybe some were singles and some were returns.

Curious. Did you book in the Main Sale or the Resale? And if you booked in the Main Sale, did they change times on you at any point? I'm 99% sure it was structured like the way I described in the October 2019 sale for 2020 at least, not sure about the resale for 2022.

1 minute ago, incident said:

They might do, at other destinations.

Bristol is the only one I can remember specifics of though.

Curious. Did you book in the Main Sale or the Resale? And if you booked in the Main Sale, did they change times on you at any point? I'm 99% sure it was structured like the way I described in the October 2019 sale for 2020 at least, not sure about the resale for 2022.

Resale, so maybe they moved things round after the initial sale.

Just now, Simsy said:

Resale, so maybe they moved things round after the initial sale.

Cheers - fair enough then, 2 and a half years is a long time for plans to change. In that case I make no prediction as to what happens this year..

On 4/27/2022 at 8:23 PM, Wooderson said:

In v similar boat to you mate. See / Fest HQ do *not* want to know about this issue. We're in a tight spot coming over on the boat.

On 4/27/2022 at 1:17 AM, John the Moth said:

Sore point! The website pre-sale said we could add seat only tickets for kids at time of booking, or else email See after the sale to add on. Nope and Nope. Currently on a wait list in case some come spare, but currently mini moth (4) is hitch hiking.

(By hitch hiking I mean my brother will be driving her down to the drop off at B&W)

Hey, what was the outcome for you guys regarding seats for the kids? 

I’ve queried this previously but am still in a real quandary whether to go for tickets today or wait until Sunday if I want to take my 12yo daughter. 

Cheers

32 minutes ago, incident said:

Cheers - fair enough then, 2 and a half years is a long time for plans to change. In that case I make no prediction as to what happens this year..

Interestingly I noted we had three coaches (approx 200 people) leave at the same time from my departure point in Oxford this year, when I last got the coach in 2015 it was just the one coach carrying around 70 people.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Interestingly I noted we had three coaches (approx 200 people) leave at the same time from my departure point in Oxford this year, when I last got the coach in 2015 it was just the one coach carrying around 70 people.

oxford is our 2nd backup - so see you there maybe! that seems like a big increase. bet at least half the people there are from London to be honest

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

oxford is our 2nd backup - so see you there maybe! that seems like a big increase. bet at least half the people there are from London to be honest

We are local...but yes there were a lot of people who had come up from London (and other big town/cities that are close by) 

49 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

We are local...but yes there were a lot of people who had come up from London (and other big town/cities that are close by) 

your lucky to have a coach nearby - they need more home counties ones!

1 hour ago, mario man said:

I’ve queried this previously but am still in a real quandary whether to go for tickets today or wait until Sunday if I want to take my 12yo daughter. 

Cheers

I added a child on to my See coach booking once upon a time but I could have easily missed it as the box was so small.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mario man said:

See just kept fobbing us off, even after they released extra coach tickets after the general tickets went on sale.

My brother came through for us and delivered mini moth by car.