Ticket Delivery

Ayrshire Chris

Same over here.

I've been looking at the same text at the Seetickets site for weeks now:

"Tickets have been sent to our secure courier on 19 May  2023."

I've sent them an e-mail 2 days ago, but that didn't really take away the panic...

"If you haven’t received the ticket by the time you leave for the festival, then please do get back in touch so we can make alternative arrangements."

• Like 1

Dutchie here as well, have not gotten them yet. No real panic tho, since for one everyone still is waiting for them, and I assume they know this and have some 'alternative arrangements' in place. Last year we had to pick up our tickets (international tickets were not sent out) at the box office and all and all that was quite a smooth process. I assume they would set up something similar for these tickets.

• Like 1

Primalcrux thanks. Maybe I overreacted a bit with the word panic😅

I know it will tutn out ok in the end, but we are with 6 persons, 2 cars (so 2 parking tickets) and different arrival times.

Plan was to join the overnight queue and try to get a spot at Pennard Hill like we did last time.

We just have to adjust our plans a little bit, but I'm sure we are going to have a great Glasto 🥳

Another Dutch guy here, still no ticket here either.

2023-06-06 12:13 LANGLEY HWDC IPS, Item Leaving the UK

2023-05-24 20:05 Nottingham MC, Item Received

2023-05-24 14:14 Sender preparing item

But one of my friends also contacted See Tickets, his ticket isn't even sent out yet. Last year it took ages to get to the international box office on Wednesday morning, so I was really hoping to avoid it this time.

Edited by Robinn
  • Like 1

If you end up with Box Office collection for tickets, is there any ablity to drive close to the Gate A portakabin, pick up tickets, then drive off and into a car park?

Supposed to be staying (and parking) in Sticklinch, so very much trying to avoid a long walk around the roads at the edge of the site.

No I don’t think so. The box office is by PGA and the coach park. You’ll have had to park your car first, but that might be difficult if your carpark ticket is also at the box office with your festival ticket. Got a feeling they won’t let you anywhere near the car parks without a carpark ticket though, well that’s my worry anyway. 

4 hours ago, Dutchy_1 said:

Same over here.

I've been looking at the same text at the Seetickets site for weeks now:

"Tickets have been sent to our secure courier on 19 May  2023."

I've sent them an e-mail 2 days ago, but that didn't really take away the panic...

"If you haven’t received the ticket by the time you leave for the festival, then please do get back in touch so we can make alternative arrangements."

Did they give you a tracking ref?

Edited by BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts
Sorry, just seen you part of the Dutch contingent. Thought you were in the UK.

1 hour ago, goonerben said:

If you end up with Box Office collection for tickets, is there any ablity to drive close to the Gate A portakabin, pick up tickets, then drive off and into a car park?

Supposed to be staying (and parking) in Sticklinch, so very much trying to avoid a long walk around the roads at the edge of the site.

Nope. Last year we had to park our car and buy a parking pass, before getting in the general Ped Gate A line, then get in the line for the International Box Office to pick up our ticket and our PARKING PASS. 

1 minute ago, Robinn said:

Nope. Last year we had to park our car and buy a parking pass, before getting in the general Ped Gate A line, then get in the line for the International Box Office to pick up our ticket and our PARKING PASS. 

Wow - that seems.....suboptimal.

51 minutes ago, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

Did they give you a tracking ref?

I didn't get an email or tracking number, then the tickets arrived out of the blue by standard second class post.  checking on the website it still says

"Tickets will be sent by secure delivery shortly to the address provided.
You will be required to sign for them.

Tickets have been sent to our secure courier on 08 Jun 2023."

54 minutes ago, Jon F said:

I didn't get an email or tracking number, then the tickets arrived out of the blue by standard second class post.  checking on the website it still says

"Tickets will be sent by secure delivery shortly to the address provided.
You will be required to sign for them.

Tickets have been sent to our secure courier on 08 Jun 2023."

Oh wow. That's worrying. Glad you have yours safely in hand though. 

On 6/14/2023 at 1:29 PM, goonerben said:

We actually kinda did this last year, since we were staying at sticklinch, so we parked near the thing, walked to the box office, and drove to sticklinch. However we did arrive on Thursday, so probably much less crowded and busy then on a Tuesday or Wednesday arrival

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Primalcrux said:

We actually kinda did this last year, since we were staying at sticklinch, so we parked near the thing, walked to the box office, and drove to sticklinch. However we did arrive on Thursday, so probably much less crowded and busy then on a Tuesday or Wednesday arrival

Did you need to explain the situation to the stewards?

I still haven’t received my tickets and I leave for the festival on Monday. Post office is closed over the weekend so no chance I’m getting them delivered now. I understand why they want to send the tickets out as close to the festival as possible but sending out the international tickets this late seems absolutely ridiculous. Mine didn’t get shipped out until June 7th meaning I’m now going to have to pick them up from the box office which is inconvenient.

Maybe they need to go back to box office collection for Internationals?

Wasn't this the case last year, and they've changed it following a lot of complaining?

At least with collection you don't have to worry about delivery, or keep it safe on such a long journey. I wonder if anybody will put their tickets in their luggage for the airline to lose their luggage this year? Or in their pockets to lose it themselves somewhere along the journey. 

14 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Maybe they need to go back to box office collection for Internationals?

Wasn't this the case last year, and they've changed it following a lot of complaining?

At least with collection you don't have to worry about delivery, or keep it safe on such a long journey. I wonder if anybody will put their tickets in their luggage for the airline to lose their luggage this year? Or in their pockets to lose it themselves somewhere along the journey. 

I’ve never had a problem with tickets getting delivered internationally other than this year. I’d argue that the majority of people who live abroad would rather not have to collect their tickets from the box office as it’s quite inconvenient. I think most people are capable of ensuring that they don’t lose their tickets on the way to the festival. Simply sending out the tickets 2-3 weeks earlier would make a big difference.

2 hours ago, katie7 said:

I’ve never had a problem with tickets getting delivered internationally other than this year. I’d argue that the majority of people who live abroad would rather not have to collect their tickets from the box office as it’s quite inconvenient. I think most people are capable of ensuring that they don’t lose their tickets on the way to the festival. Simply sending out the tickets 2-3 weeks earlier would make a big difference.

Weren't tickets box office collection last year unless you got in touch and requested postage? 

I specifically remember people saying the same as you last year, so you're definitely right...

Problem is, despite sending internationals first, back in May, international post is not perfect, and never will be, even if they send them in March, there will still be more potential for issues than there is posting them locally or collecting them. 

Collection points open from Monday to Friday in Glastonbury and other towns around Pilton would be an option. Like is already done for a lot of concerts. Select your collection point, and you can collect days before the fest, or on your way during the fest, whichever is easiest for you. 

• Upvote 1