Campervan Field - How Big Can My Tent Be?

Dontthrowstones

With all the excitement going on this week, I'm gonna take the opportunity to ask a burning question...

How big can our tent be if we are in the campervan field? We have a party of 4 (possibly 5) and 1 campervan pass. Me and my wife will be in the van but our friends (A couple, one of which has never been to a festival before) will be pitching a tent next to the van, due to her anxiety of large crowds and the fact that this will be their first weekend away from their 2yo daughter, we thought it best to make a semi-tranquil area for them if things get too much.

I've seen a post from a few years back but just checking to see if anyone has any recent experience 2018/19?

They have quite a large tent (3.5m hexagonal) and we have a 7.4x2.1m campervan, we'll be in Campervans East.

Any advice on how the stewards will deal with this would be much appreciated.

TIA, I'm sooo excited right now

You should be fine, pitches are 8m x 7m, although they aren't marked out exactly, so as long as your van doesn't have a massive awning you'll be able to pitch the tent next to the van. 

4 hours ago, bexj said:

You should be fine, pitches are 8m x 7m, although they aren't marked out exactly, so as long as your van doesn't have a massive awning you'll be able to pitch the tent next to the van. 

3 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Providing you’re courteous to the stewards working the campervan fields and don’t block any fire exit routes you’ll be fine.

Thanks guys, this sounds like what I expected but nothing like a bit of first-hand experience to bolster up my confidence. Big tent + Van it is....... 😁

7 hours ago, Dontthrowstones said:

With all the excitement going on this week, I'm gonna take the opportunity to ask a burning question...

How big can our tent be if we are in the campervan field? We have a party of 4 (possibly 5) and 1 campervan pass. Me and my wife will be in the van but our friends (A couple, one of which has never been to a festival before) will be pitching a tent next to the van, due to her anxiety of large crowds and the fact that this will be their first weekend away from their 2yo daughter, we thought it best to make a semi-tranquil area for them if things get too much.

I've seen a post from a few years back but just checking to see if anyone has any recent experience 2018/19?

They have quite a large tent (3.5m hexagonal) and we have a 7.4x2.1m campervan, we'll be in Campervans East.

Any advice on how the stewards will deal with this would be much appreciated.

TIA, I'm sooo excited right now

Hope your friend really enjoys it. There have been a few Threads on anxiety here which she may find useful as it can be overwhelming 

5 hours ago, bexj said:

While the tent and van should in theory fit on the billed pitch size, you need to think about where the door to the van is. If the van door is right in the middle of the van then you'll be putting the tent right in front of it. You also need to factor in the space the guy ropes need to stretch out. Also not all pitches are the billed size and it depends what space the stewards give on the day. I would say you are pushing it with a van and tent that size.  

Edited by Johnnyseven