Connect Festival

kingcrawler

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any indication if Connect will be back next year? 

Given the recent APE and Victorious announcements, LCD Soundsystem and Biffy Clyro feel like layup headliners for this. There seem to be a lot of "Connect style" acts touring around the usual time so they could do well here. 

All this obviously means it won't happen given how DF have booked Connect so far but it's nice to hope. 

42 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

Given the recent APE and Victorious announcements, LCD Soundsystem and Biffy Clyro feel like layup headliners for this. There seem to be a lot of "Connect style" acts touring around the usual time so they could do well here. 

All this obviously means it won't happen given how DF have booked Connect so far but it's nice to hope. 

Apparently there won't be connect but there will be a one outdoor 'Connect presents' type branding things on standalone gigs (like one act and a support) I think, and not a full festival like Connect.

On 12/6/2023 at 10:13 AM, chickenfire said:

Had been thinking the same myself the last few days, there's alot of acts going about at that time that would've suited Connect to a T, LCD, Pixies, Massive Attack returning, Maybe even Biffy/Jamie T etc. could've been decent if better planned.

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

Catfish and the Bottlemen playing the Festival Site the weekend Connect usually falls, and not having any Connect branding, is surely the end for this festival (again). 
A real shame. 

That is a shame, the more festivals in Scotland the better. Did it really sell that badly? I never made it through for it

On 2/23/2024 at 10:26 AM, fraybentos1 said:

That is a shame, the more festivals in Scotland the better. Did it really sell that badly? I never made it through for it

It would be interesting to know the numbers.  It feels like there is limited appetite in Scotland (or at least the east coast) for a quality event of this nature.  And I'm not sure why.  i do know there's something about an outdoor fest on this date at that site that feels pretty unappealing.  I couldn't be bothered drumming up pals to attend it. I wonder if it would have done considerably better in May or June, nearer Glasgow.  I had no hesitation in for example getting a ticket for Mogwai in Queens Park (Glasgow) at end of June.

Edited by Johndenis

3 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

It would be interesting to know the numbers.  It feels like there is limited appetite in Scotland (or at least the east coast) for a quality event of this nature.  And I'm not sure why.  i do know there's something about an outdoor fest on this date at that site that feels pretty unappealing.  I couldn't be bothered drumming up pals to attend it. I wonder if it would have done considerably better in May or June, nearer Glasgow.  I had no hesitation in for example getting a ticket for Mogwai in Queens Park (Glasgow) at end of June.

Location is part of it I think. Coming from Glasgow is isn’t the best. It’s becoming clear that only one bit mainstream fest can thrive up here I think (trnsmt). The late august makes sense to be in line with all points east but the dates you mentioned fits in with primavera who book similarish acts I guess. Can’t quite put my finger on it but late May sounds way better to me than late august. Probs cause August isn’t an actual Scottish bank holiday 

I came here to have moan a moan about the number of Connect type acts that are touring that seem to just be skipping Scotland this summer.  LCD, Air, Soulwax, Black Pumas, Justice, Sofia Kourtesis, Phoenix to name a few. 

Feel like Scotland is crying out for an All Points East type festival… anyone remember Indian Summer in Victoria park? 

Anyway, more to the point, I was at Connect on the Saturday last year, I know someone loosely linked with the festival. It seemingly sold circa 25k tickets the whole weekend. The biggest day being the Fred Again day. 

I quite liked the festival site, but it wasn’t without its flaws. It just feels like it needs a little more care and attention. It certainly has potential. Fingers crossed it makes a comeback in 2025, if not I hope something else pops up in its place, because I’m getting a fair amount of fomo with all the stuff happening south of the border and in Europe this summer!

On 3/13/2024 at 6:56 PM, Paul ™ said:

One of several to be announced 

Screenshot_20240314-002542.png

This is absolutely horrid. But may sell in the same "ballpark" as Connect, but be significantly cheaper to stage. 

Thanks for the info above @Handshake. The Indian summer line ups do look almost remarkable now. Were they booked prior to a few of those acts having their wee purple patch? It's hard to remember now. PCL haven't repeated the trick since.