Connect Festival

kingcrawler

7 minutes ago, IAN9000 said:

So it will be the same site? I thought they were being a bit coy about not specifiying a location (apart from "Scotland") for 2023.

Disappointed about The Strokes, YYYs & Aphex. They're all a good fit and would draw a crowd. Fever Ray and Arca are also at Field Day and would be forward thinking bookings, although simultaneously would have almost no pulling power whatsoever in Scotland.

I'm baffled at names like Noel Gallacher and Biffy Clyro being mentioned here. Not sure what the point of this festival would be if they just book TRNSMT acts.

They literally booked Chemical Brothers the year after they headlined TRNSMT

Theres also only been one year, hard to judge the festival off that. Its similar to APE who booked some massively different acts in later years to the first year e.g. Disclosure last year

19 minutes ago, IAN9000 said:

So it will be the same site? I thought they were being a bit coy about not specifiying a location (apart from "Scotland") for 2023.

Disappointed about The Strokes, YYYs & Aphex. They're all a good fit and would draw a crowd. Fever Ray and Arca are also at Field Day and would be forward thinking bookings, although simultaneously would have almost no pulling power whatsoever in Scotland.

I'm baffled at names like Noel Gallacher and Biffy Clyro being mentioned here. Not sure what the point of this festival would be if they just book TRNSMT acts.

It's the same site yeah - that's where I was slightly confused about the increased camping also. We'll see what happens soon though 

Neither Noel or Biffy are playing, but don't think they'd be totally out of place in the future. I'd say one of the days is a bit more like that but the other 2 are very much in keeping with being different/alternative compared to their other offerings 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

They literally booked Chemical Brothers the year after they headlined TRNSMT

Theres also only been one year, hard to judge the festival off that. Its similar to APE who booked some massively different acts in later years to the first year e.g. Disclosure last year

I'm using "TRNSMT acts" as a pejorative. I don't think regressive, meat and potatoes rock (like Noel and Biffy) fits the remit. Chemical Brothers played both, The Strokes could play both- either would arguably suit Connect better. Pulp are playing TRNMST but should (tour schedule notwithstanding) be at Connect.

@Mezhyp1 No denial of Fever Ray or Arca I see. 👀😄

Edited by IAN9000

11 minutes ago, IAN9000 said:

I'm using "TRNSMT acts" as a pejorative. I don't think regressive, meat and potatoes rock (like Noel and Biffy) fits the remit. Chemical Brothers played both, The Strokes could play both- either would arguably suit Connect better. Pulp are playing TRNMST but should (tour schedule notwithstanding) be at Connect.

Noel's solo stuff is hardly meat and potatoes rock

12 minutes ago, IAN9000 said:

Haha that wasn't a tactical denial (there may have been some of them (👀). They're 2 I just don't know about 

On 1/31/2023 at 3:08 PM, chickenfire said:

Hoping for an announcement soon, mainly for the sake of the festival. Announcing relatively late compared to other festivals and loads of Summer gigs/tours hurt Connect last year and would be a shame to see it not shift tickets again. 

Towards the end of this month I believe was the plan but haven't heard in a couple weeks 

3 hours ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Summer sessions in Glasgow announced, if bands playing there, ruled out for Connect?

Thinking Glasvegas, Siouxsie and Delgados 

Don't know for absolute certain but fairly sure none of them are playing 

Bonobo isn't either. That'll be great in the evening sun in Glasgow though 

33 minutes ago, ClaireDeen said:

I heard its Fred Again, primal Scream, and Young Fathers 

Wouldn't be surprised tbf, Young Fathers will be getting a push up line ups this/next year IMO. Looks like it's now going to be 2 and a half days, amongst some other wee changes

https://connectmusicfestival.com/news-post/weve-listened?utm_source=social&utm_medium=organic

25 minutes ago, ClaireDeen said:

Probably P.Scream headlining but the others are rumoured to be on the bill.  Possibly Yeah Yeah Yeahs the other night since they’re playing  London that weekend?

I could see Young Fathers Fri (although can’t see it selling too many tickets), Fred Again Sat. 

Primal Scream surely don’t have the pull to headline something this size (or at least potential size)?

After doing a couple of days last year I wouldn’t go to any of them though