EUROVISION 2021

Nikky

17 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Hugh Jass,

I've got to admit that I'm not over familiar with the comedy Farmer Ted. I have seen bits of it, but there are, I suspect, a lot of episodes that I'll not have seen. However, the bits I do know about / have seen have all been funny. Not side splittingly so, but funny enough to be classed as funny in the first place. 

I'd like to do a tour of Ireland one day with my wife in our campervan. If this ever becomes a thing (and it might, but way into the future a bit - if the fucking Good Lord above allows it, that is). 

I have actually done a tour of Ireland before. I could write a book on that holiday which would be a factual book, although there would be many that would consider it fiction. I'd like to say that it all started with me (the driver) getting so pissed and stoned on the ferry over to Ireland, that I rendered myself unable to stand up straight and couldn't even think of driving the car off the ferry when we got there. However, the whole story begins way before then. Maybe one day I'll write that story.

PS - I have taken my wife to Ireland before. It was to take my then girlfriend over and propose to her ie, she said yes and is now my wife. I proposed on an island off Ireland. The location where my dad was born and a very short distance to where my mom was born. Many will have seen some of the area as it's where some parts of a Star Wars film was shot. 

Sorry for the ramble. I had a wee afternoon smoke earlier, and I've gone into 'that' mode.

The ring of kerry and skellig michael?

Stunning part of the country.  Not oroperly been over to Ireland since  autumn 2019 so hoping to head back soon!

On 5/17/2021 at 10:02 PM, Nikky said:

I feel like they fix every year who is going to win. Italy should won a couple of times over the years but they probably don't have interest of hosting it. 

Btw did the see guys how Dima Bilan looks these days with red, blue hair... Such a shame he never come out... 

Italy should've won for the song Occidentali's Karma a few years ago. I think they would've if not for the terrible background performance that would remind you of the Wiggles undercutting the whole thing. Proper shame, cuz the main fella was very charismatic.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, brendan84 said:

The ring of kerry and skellig michael?

Bang on. My dad's was from Valentia Island, and my mom's from Portmagee.

1 hour ago, brendan84 said:

Stunning part of the country.  Not oroperly been over to Ireland since  autumn 2019 so hoping to head back soon!

All my brothers and my mom are going back over in August. I'd love to go with them but work commitments won't allow it. It's cutting me up a bit as my mom has the onset of dementia and it'll be the last time that she's 'home' with any degree of having her faculties, I'd say. 

6 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Italy should've won for the song Occidentali's Karma a few years ago. I think they would've if not for the terrible background performance that would remind you of the Wiggles undercutting the whole thing. Proper shame, cuz the main fella was very charismatic.

I remember, I even put some money on him back in the day. Opera guys should also won. 

35 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Iceland ruled out of it due to a band member testing positive 

for being a proper musician. 😉

Iceland qualified for Grand Final. Probably again without live performance. 

I felt first semi final was much better.

13 hours ago, Padjeq said:

I was feeling very confident of my bet on Switzerland until I saw the 😍😍😍French Act😍😍😍 having an on-stage interview

According to bookmakers only 2 possible winners here Italy or France. 

11 hours ago, Nikky said:

According to bookmakers only 2 possible winners here Italy or France. 

That just means that's where the bets are going. I won £200 on Ukraine a few years ago at 10/1. A lot of songs had tighter odds. I only bet if it's a good potential return.

One thing Switzerland has over Italy and France is it's been bedded in, with people already voting for it. A lot of people will hear the Italy and France entries for full for the first time tonight.