Line up announced

Saint17

I'll be in bed at 9pm every night unless the second stage headliners are good - think it's one of the worst set of headliners I have ever seen at a festival, snoozefest. 

Some good albeit uninspiring on the undercard - I like DMA's a lot. 

Feel they've got it wrong this year with I imagine a lot of the crowd being young - don't think Stereophonics and the Streets transcend with that crowd as much as others from that era do - think they should have looked at Royal Blood/Sam Fender as the replacement for Foals, even Wolf Alice. 

5 hours ago, KJP98 said:

I'll be in bed at 9pm every night unless the second stage headliners are good - think it's one of the worst set of headliners I have ever seen at a festival, snoozefest. 

Feel they've got it wrong this year with I imagine a lot of the crowd being young - don't think Stereophonics and the Streets transcend with that crowd as much as others from that era do - think they should have looked at Royal Blood/Sam Fender as the replacement for Foals, even Wolf Alice. 

Agreed. On the while it's a very average lineup.

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Agreed. On the while it's a very average lineup.

One could argue its all average lineups this summer, the play ground one looks a good one though. 

People are just happy with the possibility off festivals, also organisers are very limited. You would say that's the best they could of got, perhaps replacing dizzee with supergrass and underworld as a headliner.

5 hours ago, KJP98 said:

And it’s so wrong that it’s nearly sold out.

This year even the worst lineups will sell out and a lot more hands are tied in getting acts to play. 

13 minutes ago, sisco said:

This year even the worst lineups will sell out and a lot more hands are tied in getting acts to play. 

That is true - but it's not the consumer getting any benefit from it selling out so I don't see why we all hail that as a success for the people when the line-up is so mediocre, sets a dangerous precedent of how cheap can they get away with and it still sells out, but it is a business at the end of the day and I'm still going so they've done enough to convince even the sceptics. 

I do accept the point of it being a possibility hands are tied - but three of the headliners were on the 2020 bill and I thought they were poor bookings then as well - just not my taste! 

Haven't seen many positive comments from people on socials about the headliners - get the odd couple obviously. 

On a more positive note I do think there are some fantastic young bands on the unders, I think the Lathums and Snuts are great, and the organisation of the festival tends to be up there with the best, let's hope for some good weather and I'm sure it will still be a good weekend! 

Edited by KJP98

Just now, KJP98 said:

That is true - but it's not the consumer getting any benefit from it selling out so I don't see why we all hail that as a success for the people when the line-up is so mediocre, sets a dangerous precedent of how cheap can they get away with and it still sells out. 

I do accept the point of it being a possibility hands are tied - but three of the headliners were on the 2020 bill and I thought they were poor bookings then as well - just not my taste! 

Haven't seen many positive comments from people on socials about the headliners - get the odd couple obviously. 

On a more positive note I do think there are some fantastic young bands on the unders, I think the Lathums and Snuts are great, and the organisation of the festival tends to be up there with the best, let's hope for some good weather and I'm sure it will still be a good weekend! 

To be fair stereophonics are still a big band- big arena tours so I can't imagine they come cheap to a festival this size. The streets seem to be the big one for people this summer at this level and i imagine they cost a fair bit too

I was surprised to see dizzee below Primal Scream last year (though disappointed with the swap I understand it) 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

To be fair stereophonics are still a big band- big arena tours so I can't imagine they come cheap to a festival this size. The streets seem to be the big one for people this summer at this level and i imagine they cost a fair bit too

I was surprised to see dizzee below Primal Scream last year (though disappointed with the swap I understand it) 

You are right with Phonics and I imagine like you say the Streets aren't coming cheap - just think it's a step down from Foals rather than across. 

Although not a fan of either I imagine You me at Six and Johnny Marr weren't cheap unders and they don't seem to have been replaced, same with Primal Scream. 

The initial comment wasn't just a dig at Kendal more the Festival industry as a whole - Trnsmt announced a lineup that had equal negativity towards it, their lineup seems to get weaker every year for me!

13 minutes ago, KJP98 said:

You are right with Phonics and I imagine like you say the Streets aren't coming cheap - just think it's a step down from Foals rather than across. 

Although not a fan of either I imagine You me at Six and Johnny Marr weren't cheap unders and they don't seem to have been replaced, same with Primal Scream. 

The initial comment wasn't just a dig at Kendal more the Festival industry as a whole - Trnsmt announced a lineup that had equal negativity towards it, their lineup seems to get weaker every year for me!

Ah I think Johnny marr lives in America (read his autobiography recently) so could be waiting for confirmation he can come over. I reckon between that and a couple of acts who've put tours on sale we might have a couple more at that sort of level next announcement

Ha trnsmt is a strange one - I think courteeners day is fine because it has a clear target audience but the other days are a strange mish mash which don't fit together at all! 

I think lineups have been getting weaker for a while - there aren't many good new headliners. I'm OK because I like the old stuff but for anyone forward thinking I can imagine its a bit frustrating! 

I think the streets will get a bigger crowd than foals would but I can't imagine it will be a pleasant experience. I like some of their music but I like libertines more and felt a horrible undertone to that crowd. I imagine the streets will be worse to be honest. I think I'll have to be elsewhere 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

I like it but then i like bland music so it suits me perfectly. I always like the kendal lineup though, it never seems that forward thinking or edgy so what's the difference between this and the past few years? 

Folk have been moaning about kendal lineups for years, for its no different this year.  Can not see me going but Supergrass and stereophonics are good bookings. Some might argue about the thursday headliner, but the last 2 have been Oribital and Hacienda Classical and they are hardly current.

Hope it goes ahead..

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Folk have been moaning about kendal lineups for years, for its no different this year.  Can not see me going but Supergrass and stereophonics are good bookings. Some might argue about the thursday headliner, but the last 2 have been Oribital and Hacienda Classical and they are hardly current.

Hope it goes ahead..

Yeah I hope it goes ahead I honestly feel vaccine passport app showing your negative could be the way out of this , but my gut feeling is this festival and any other one in July will probably fail to get open , I think September ones have a bigger chance full capacity gigs and football fans back for start of premiership ! You know this government like the big statement! 

as for the line up it’s a typical Kendal line up and as you say people always moan they also still go and keep going back which proves there’s a lot more to the festival than just the headline acts , what does disappointment is that all of the headers are at least 12 years past being relevant ! I’ve decided to pass on this year but I sincerely hope the weather finally gives the organisers and the fans  a break and the sun shines all weekend and they have a great time .

6 hours ago, sisco said:

Yes but Kendall sells out quicker than most festivals every year anyway. It's directly where the college and uni crowds have no issue of not being off and the view of the area sells it a lot I believe.

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yes but Kendall sells out quicker than most festivals every year anyway. It's directly where the college and uni crowds have no issue of not being off and the view of the area sells it a lot I believe.

Good for them, know the audience and sell the tickets. Can’t knock them for it

Just now, sisco said:

Good for them, know the audience and sell the tickets. Can’t knock them for it

Oh I couldn't agree more based on that. I think Kendall maybe as others have said don't need to rely on a lineup being strong like others. They start their prices fairly reasonable from the off too. 

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Oh I couldn't agree more based on that. I think Kendall maybe as others have said don't need to rely on a lineup being strong like others. They start their prices fairly reasonable from the off too. 

Still a reasonably priced mid sized festival with a couple of other good selling points.  Did look but after booking Victorious there’s too much crossover to bother

fair play to @KJP98 for the tip yesterday, took the sting out of the announcement for me today 😂 not gonna lie i’m quite underwhelmed. was looking forward to johnny marr, primal scream and foals the most but obviously all not playing now. praying for johnny marr for the second wave announcement but can’t see it. saying that i do think the dance tent/stage lineup is pretty good, think i’ll just spend my weekend there 😉

On 3/28/2021 at 11:47 PM, efcfanwirral said:

Don't know if anyone's noticed but the breakdown by stage is up - vast majority are main stage so far but a couple in Calling Out, most notably Pale Waves and the Sherlocks - presumably headliners? 

Hoping for one of those when The Streets are on! 

Not seen this where can I find it?