news & politics:discussion

zahidf

On 3/23/2022 at 1:11 PM, Ozanne said:

There’s barely anything in this statement that will help those who need it most next month.

My statement earlier was accurate. 

Upvote to balance down vote. Agree it' a load of nothing. Busy work from Sunak. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah that seems a pretty big moment! Did he mean to do that?!

Well, it was in his speech so you'd think so...unless he read it wrong. They're already rowing back on it...but I'm sure Putin will use to justify some of what he has been saying about Nato/US. It is very easy to get very emotional with all the shit that is going on, but at same time they have to be very careful...words have consequences.

14 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Did I see you say you had covid the other day? I'm on my first bout and it's a right fucker isn't it.

Sorry, I know not the covid thread...

hey, we're so in sync. I started getting sick on sunday, felt lousy and had upset stomach...which continued the next few days. I thought it was norovirus or food poisoning or something, couldn't eat, volcano bum, banging headache, bit of a fever etc..took a couple of covid tests but both negative. Wednesday started feeling better but had a cough, still coughing thursday...took another test and boom. Since then it's like I've had a bad cold and chesty cough, with a bit of squitting on the side. Bit of a bummer really as supposed to be running a marathon next weekend. It's my first bout of it too. Anyway, a lot of it about but you know, it's all over, so we shouldn't mention it really.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Well, it was in his speech so you'd think so...unless he read it wrong. They're already rowing back on it...but I'm sure Putin will use to justify some of what he has been saying about Nato/US. It is very easy to get very emotional with all the shit that is going on, but at same time they have to be very careful...words have consequences.

hey, we're so in sync. I started getting sick on sunday, felt lousy and had upset stomach...which continued the next few days. I thought it was norovirus or food poisoning or something, couldn't eat, volcano bum, banging headache, bit of a fever etc..took a couple of covid tests but both negative. Wednesday started feeling better but had a cough, still coughing thursday...took another test and boom. Since then it's like I've had a bad cold and chesty cough, with a bit of squitting on the side. Bit of a bummer really as supposed to be running a marathon next weekend. It's my first bout of it too. Anyway, a lot of it about but you know, it's all over, so we shouldn't mention it really.

Yeah I mean, it's only words, but feels a bit of an escalation...

Ah mate that sounds horrible. Such a different experience to me as well, although I also took a long time to show positive. The digestive stuff sounds grim. Has that fully scuppered you for the marathon? Is this your first time with covid?

I started feeling rough on Monday but very mild cold symptoms and sore throat. This went on until Wednesday but could WFH. My partner got ill Tuesday and was much worse than me - fever, shivers etc. He's still ill now but a bit better. I didn't test positive until this morning and symptoms went very downhill today - shivery, achey, headache, sore throat. Actually the most rough I felt since I was a kid!

Good job it's over though! Feels a certain poetry in getting it for the first time on the two year anniversary of the first lockdown! Been lucky to avoid it until now.

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I mean, it's only words, but feels a bit of an escalation...

Ah mate that sounds horrible. Such a different experience to me as well, although I also took a long time to show positive. The digestive stuff sounds grim. Has that fully scuppered you for the marathon? Is this your first time with covid?

I started feeling rough on Monday but very mild cold symptoms and sore throat. This went on until Wednesday but could WFH. My partner got ill Tuesday and was much worse than me - fever, shivers etc. He's still ill now but a bit better. I didn't test positive until this morning and symptoms went very downhill today - shivery, achey, headache, sore throat. Actually the most rough I felt since I was a kid!

Good job it's over though! Feels a certain poetry in getting it for the first time on the two year anniversary of the first lockdown! Been lucky to avoid it until now.

Yes first time, as far as I know. Marathon very much in doubt, just have to see how it goes  Hope you and your partner feel ok soon.

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Yes first time, as far as I know. Marathon very much in doubt, just have to see how it goes  Hope you and your partner feel ok soon.

Thank you, same to you! Have the rest of your family got it? Terrible timing but I guess you shouldn't push yourself too hard too soon after 😞

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thank you, same to you! Have the rest of your family got it? Terrible timing but I guess you shouldn't push yourself too hard too soon after 😞

I hope you guys feel better soon. 

17 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thanks man. You still avoided it?

The protest/vigil looked great in London yesterday. Gutted to not be able to go along.

So far *touchwood* although quite a few in my family have had it recently. It seems to be everywhere at the moment.

49 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So far *touchwood* although quite a few in my family have had it recently. It seems to be everywhere at the moment.

Yeah it's mopping up all my friends and colleagues that haven't had it. Hope you avoid it! This variant seems to be worse than the omicron going round at Christmas, which seems to have been considered mild pretty universally. I mean obviously this is mild in the sense of not needing hospital but it's put us both out of action for a good few days.

11 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

spoke to soon

Oh no! Glad to see you got Glasto tickets by the way, congrats.

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So...Blinken and co insisting that US does not have a strategy regime change after what Biden said...but deep down that is what the west is desperate for...right? I mean, he could have just said why doesn't someone kill the twat and he would have been cheered to the rafters.

I mean I would love it. But the US saying they want the Russian president out of the picture feels quite a big thing to say. Really hard to see how relations ever thaw from here.