news & politics:discussion

zahidf

19 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Labour were in much the same position after the 1983 election defeat (funnily enough with another strongly left wing manifesto). Everyone was writing them off and they came back. The same will happen this time.

oh god, you mean we have to wait another 14 years?!

Actually...thinking about it maybe that's realistic.

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Feeling proud of my hometown right now 

IMG-20210513-WA0019.jpg

Me too. Used to live on that Street.  

13 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

friend of mine - on NHS waiting list, end of June for earliest appt. Asked about going private, booked in for next Tuesday.

Same fucking equipment, same doctor, same hospital.

How about there's a ban on private health for 12 months or until the backlog is fixed?

hate that shit. Should be a ban full stop.

Green aren't necessarily just taking votes away from labour...they'll be taking them from Tories and LibDems too. I hope they become more prominent...but we really need a change in our electoral system for them to have any chance...Tory and labour party have all the power and money.

18 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

friend of mine - on NHS waiting list, end of June for earliest appt. Asked about going private, booked in for next Tuesday.

Same fucking equipment, same doctor, same hospital.

How about there's a ban on private health for 12 months or until the backlog is fixed?

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

hate that shit. Should be a ban full stop.

Banning private healthcare is bad for everyone. All it does is extend waiting lists. Currently people who opt out of using the NHS are effectively funding the NHS with their taxes but reducing the burden to it by not using it which means people have less time to wait for whatever treatment they need.

A ban on private healthcare would be an objectively bad policy. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Do you think they all know him personally ?  Why are they being deported or does that not matter?  

Don't know Barry, But my instinct is to take the side of a local community standing up against Priti Patel's boot boys.

What's yours?

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I don’t understand why the police have now released the suspects? If they’ve committed a crime, we can’t just be letting them go because people protested for their release.

image.thumb.png.f4b08a156e4f27d1bca023b2ccaf6403.png

image.png.98ed09d10bf21adffb3f4fc120fd0f89.png

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Entirely a rent a mob who were sourced using twitter. 

Not what I have heard my friend but you'll have a source to prove me wrong.

I think you'll find the rent a mob were in the big white van

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

So basically the police backed down and let potentially dangerous criminals roam the streets because a rent a mob demanded it?

This defund the police type woke nonsense can get in the bin 

so "potentially dangerous criminals"?

you'll have a source for that too?

Just now, LJS said:

so "potentially dangerous criminals"?

you'll have a source for that too?

I don’t know that they’re dangerous criminals, hence the use of the word potentially.

However, the police don’t just swoop in and arrest people for no reason. Most likely they’re illegal immigrants?

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I don’t know that they’re dangerous criminals, hence the use of the word potentially.

However, the police don’t just swoop in and arrest people for no reason. Most likely they’re illegal immigrants?

The police were not swooping in and arresting anyone. UK immigration were rushing in to deport people which the local community took issue with.

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

Whether or not these men have a valid right to be in the UK, it’s pretty dangerous to have immigration policies controlled by a twitter rent a mob. 

more dangerous than being controlled by Priti Patel?

2 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I would say its more dangerous if you ever let Nicola do it 🙂 

its not just Nicola

If you disagree with the rules then vote for a more pro immigration party or stand for election yourself and see if the voters agree with you.

What we can’t have is people obstructing the authorities from enforcing the rules that the elected government have decided to put in place. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

If you disagree with the rules then vote for a more pro immigration party or stand for election yourself and see if the voters agree with you.

What we can’t have is people obstructing the authorities from enforcing the rules that the elected government have decided to put in place. 

we've been consistently voting up here for more pro-immigration parties for 65 years. Unfortunately, some of our neighbours take a different view & keep landing us with unpleasant right-wing governments.

• Upvote 4