news & politics:discussion

zahidf

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

No I didn’t, what in the name of Christ are you on about, I’ve been saying for months IRs should be higher 

yes you did, when you did your numbered list

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

No, Christ you don’t have a clue and earlier you claimed you’d looked at all the angles and said you’d concluded there was nothing that could be done lol 

stamp duty cannot be used as any  part of the solution to the current housing crisis.

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Not only will this middle east conflict drown out any groovy policies or vision or whatever coming out of the Labour conference, it also risks opening up divisions over Israel/Palestine.

I think it’s one of those things that gets more attention on social media than the real world. Rightly or wrongly I don’t think most people are that bothered about Middle East politics.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think it’s one of those things that gets more attention on social media than the real world. Rightly or wrongly I don’t think most people are that bothered about Middle East politics.

its tribal people get to cheer their team on. 😛 

Just now, pink_triangle said:

For all the talk about building new houses. You need the investment in infrastructure to match. Where will kids go to school, people access a gp,how will roads and parking cope etc

yeah, its for reasons like that nimby's kick off.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

I argued against stamp duty holidays in my numbered list which you seem to have read totally wrong 

i agree, no point doing stuff to make buying cheaper cos that just stimulates demand and pushes prices up. which is why i've concluded nothing can be done.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Israel going to cut off water to Gaza, along with electricity and gas. Egypt are going to have to open the border for the huge amount of refugees that this is going to create.

apparently that border blocked by Egypt too..so they're literally trapped, no where to go except the sea. Egypt are going to have to open that border.

9 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Surely this isn't true.

Looks like it. 

Hamas probably have been plotting this for a long time, they must have known that Israel would respond, they must have known there would be an outcry across the west...do they actually care about the people of Gaza, or is this some power play against the Palestinian Authority or something? I don't know how this is going to play out, but it could be a huge tragedy.

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Well you’re wrong 

I look forward to you being correct so the likes of me can pick up some affordable homes. The pent up demand is huge, much bigger than first time buyers .

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Looks like it. 

Hamas probably have been plotting this for a long time, they must have known that Israel would respond, they must have known there would be an outcry across the west...do they actually care about the people of Gaza, or is this some power play against the Palestinian Authority or something? I don't know how this is going to play out, but it could be a huge tragedy.

I think your looking at this from a post-religious society view. Hamas are actively encouraging people to stay. If you die in a holy war I guess you believe you get some sort of reward.

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Looks like it. 

Not sure they care every action brings war onto those people