news & politics:discussion

zahidf

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Hancock has done some stupid shit but choosing Oakeshott to co write his book and trusting her with all his WhatsApp messages has got to be right up there.

no one was thinking handcock had good judgement.

Apparently Boris is giving a speech somewhere...saying NI Protocol was shit but that it was his fault for not realising at time how shit it was, but Windsor thingy isn't much better....and that he doesn't get why he got a covid fine....but also reminding everyone that when he stepped down tories were only a few points below labour...

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

...so doesn't look like he will support the deal, but he might not oppose it either. I guess see which way the wind is blowing Bozza.

Spot on. 

44 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Savvy play from Starmer.

I’ll hurriedly go and delete my previous comments about Sue Gray 😂

Odd choice unless he expects to get some dirt on spaffer. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Sunak has had a good week...but Bojo, Handjob and others are doing their best to fuck it all up for him.

good summary.

23 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Also been in the public gallery in the US Senate. Weirdly that was easier for foreigners than Americans. They had to prebook through their senator, tourists could just walk up with your passport and after a check and search you were in. Weirdly lax on security once in too. I ended up wandering down a corridor I absolutely shouldn't have. Post 9/11 too. Suppose they knew I'd been searched/scanned on the way in.

I can only presume that this might have been tightened up after the US Capitol riots 2 years ago... maybe.

15 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

This ‘Sue Gray is a Labour plant’ will run and run, despite Spaffer putting her in charge of the inquiry. It’s the new ‘Starmer let off Jimmy Savile’ story that desperate right wingers will cling to…

They’ll moan on about it but ignore that this is what both Blair and Cameron did to prepare for government.

29 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

This ‘Sue Gray is a Labour plant’ will run and run, despite Spaffer putting her in charge of the inquiry. It’s the new ‘Starmer let off Jimmy Savile’ story that desperate right wingers will cling to…

Yeah very desperate. If they had any sense they'd want all this reminder of partygate to go away.