news & politics:discussion

zahidf

17 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

today we sold out of turnips and swedes ... for the first time i can remember ..... wonder if Coffee has shares in Turnip farms ? 

I saw an image earlier of an Ukrainian supermarket fully stocked with fruit and veg. I wonder how they can manage to get supplies and we can’t. 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

you have to give it to Sunak, at least he is taking this seriously, unlike Johnson. DUP might still say no, and then we'll have to see what happens...

I must admit I have not been keeping as up to speed with these latest developments as I could have been. What has changed with Sunak's deal?

8 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

you have to give it to Sunak, at least he is taking this seriously, unlike Johnson. DUP might still say no, and then we'll have to see what happens...

dup might say no to Stormont, they'll have to have Sinn Féin as first minister.

4 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

I must admit I have not been keeping as up to speed with these latest developments as I could have been. What has changed with Sunak's deal?

🤷‍♂️

I think there's a lot in it that will be unpicked. I think broadly goods/people flowing between and GB and NI (not going to Ireland) will have zero checks. ECJ has overall say but there is a clause where NI govt will be told of any new laws and can intervene and do something called a Stormont break, and maybe there is going to be something on VAT and state aid where that is set by Stormont/UK not EU.  

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

🤷‍♂️

I think there's a lot in it that will be unpicked. I think broadly goods/people flowing between and GB and NI (not going to Ireland) will have zero checks. ECJ has overall say but there is a clause where NI govt will be told of any new laws and can intervene and do something called a Stormont break, and maybe there is going to be something on VAT and state aid where that is set by Stormont/UK not EU.  

so if there's much of that we've not got the borders hat brexiters seemed to want.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

so why couldn't the brilliant johnson got the same deal.

cause he had that twatty Frost bloke and his union jack socks doing the negotiating (and maybe EU were not being that helpful either). Worst thing with Johnson was saying his deal was brilliant, then saying it wasn't and binning it.

Edited by steviewevie

When we voted to leave I think EU were understandably worried that more countries might want to start leaving, so made it clear that UK would be worse off and played hard ball in negotiations...and on our side we had Johnson and co making unrealistic promises that everything would be awesome and we'd have our cake etc..but hopefully we're past all that now..especially if labour gets in because there are plenty of the hard brexit purists in the Tory party.

23 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I’m not surprised seeing the far left start to attack Luciana Berger again now she’s announced she’s come back to the Labour Party. It’s pretty awful behaviour to be honest. 

I’m not surprised to see the far right celebrating Luciana Berger rejoining the Labour party. Its pretty awful to be honest.