news & politics:discussion

zahidf

Just now, Neil said:

Totnes woman has gone very right wing lately. There's a lot of bad around Exeter like all the EDF and nazi posters on lamposts etc.

Why on earth do you keep making up this nonsense?

Number of EDF and Nazi posters spotted in Exeter in last few years = 0

Expects a pathetic attempt involving dragging up old article about one off incident

7 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Why on earth do you keep making up this nonsense?

Number of EDF and Nazi posters spotted in Exeter in last few years = 0

Expects a pathetic attempt involving dragging up old article about one off incident

you not heard about the big anti-vaxers nutters thing round there? a whole bbc podcast abiut it, there's articles in Exeter papers about the nazi stuff around town.

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

And the list of nutters increases again

Not worth worrying about

it would worry me if it was happening around me and i didn't notice, 

Just now, Neil said:

it would worry me if it was happening around me and i didn't notice, 

Again you've got my post wrong

The nutter I was referring to may live in Bristol, but I can't believe anything he says, so who knows!

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Again you've got my post wrong

The nutter I was referring to may live in Bristol, but I can't believe anything he says, so who knows!

you don't do evidence & so choose to know nuthin!  you prolly don't notice the right wing nutters cos you're too busy nodding along

16 minutes ago, Neil said:

episode 1...

What’s happening in the Devon town of Totnes? The small town of Totnes in Devon is known for its warmth and open-mindedness, gong baths and healing crystals, but a fault line has emerged between the minority who’ve been drawn in by disinformation laced with hate and those who are fighting against it. Some in the town were drawn into a conspiracy theory movement during the pandemic, one whose monthly marches and rallies persist to this day. A conspiracy theory newspaper called The Light seems to have played a key part in the division there. BBC disinformation and social media correspondent Marianna Spring investigates how the theories that dominate its pages are changing the town.

Four day week is the quickest and simplest way to improve standards of living, physical and mental health outcomes and reduce CO2.

Also will help maintain full employment in the face of AI nicking everyones jobs.

2 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Four day week is the quickest and simplest way to improve standards of living, physical and mental health outcomes and reduce CO2.

Also will help maintain full employment in the face of AI nicking everyones jobs.

It's long overdue

But it's going to face a load of opposition from brain-washed and brain-dead "protestant work ethic" nutters and other "stuck in the past" types.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

episode 1...

What’s happening in the Devon town of Totnes? The small town of Totnes in Devon is known for its warmth and open-mindedness, gong baths and healing crystals, but a fault line has emerged between the minority who’ve been drawn in by disinformation laced with hate and those who are fighting against it. Some in the town were drawn into a conspiracy theory movement during the pandemic, one whose monthly marches and rallies persist to this day. A conspiracy theory newspaper called The Light seems to have played a key part in the division there. BBC disinformation and social media correspondent Marianna Spring investigates how the theories that dominate its pages are changing the town.

more...

The Light: Inside the UK’s conspiracy theory newspaper that shares violence and hate - BBC News

23 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Ai won't nick eveyonestjobs. I remember choosing my first career of electrician. Cos in the early days of computing and now it looks impossible to automate?

21 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

It's also causing a rift in Stroud

I'm not surprised about what that says about totnes.cos I used to live in the next town.got a fond memory of a night out with an old traveller friend) in Totnes, where a lovely attached herself to me and (first words we exchanged) told me she was coming home with me. 

5 minutes ago, cellar said:

Saw that coming

How many policies is someone allowed to disagree with before charging their vote?

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

4 day working is the way forward, I think all studies have shown there are multiple positives and barely any negatives.

This right here is one of the many reasons I love this man. He comes across as so likeable to me and actually seems like a normal person when he’s in front of regular people; it’s such a polar opposite to Sunak. 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

4 day working is the way forward, I think all studies have shown there are multiple positives and barely any negatives.

20%cut in output means 20% less of what we want to have.

More than 800 serving officials in the US and Europe have signed a statement warning that their own governments' policies on the Israel-Gaza war could amount to "grave violations of international law".

The "transatlantic statement", a copy of which was passed to the BBC, says their administrations risk being complicit in "one of the worst human catastrophes of this century" but that their expert advice has been sidelined.

Edited by Skip997

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

It's not a 20% drop in output tho as proven many times

It's 20% less input. So a 20%  drop in output if effort is equal across all hours.