zahidf

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

you forgot Stop The Boats.

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Build Back better

Labour Isn't Working

59 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Jez We Can

and so many more - that rather sums up how votes have been won for years.

Slogans without substance

1 hour ago, lost said:

People want more houses but don't actually want them, built anywhere.

I want them built on Brownfield sites including the one I can see out my window and without scrapping regulations that protect nature and the environment.

Most people I know think the same.

Few do not want them anywhere at all.

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Well...  with little or no effort I post links to articles covering hundreds of baby deaths.  I know of a scandal that resulted in over a 1000 baby deaths alone but I can't think of the trust right now to find the article.   So I dropped in the mental health one which started this debate today.  

I would imagine neil, I could wave in front of you proof of a million deaths and it wouldn't move you...  As you defence is people and we shouldn't expect better (no one is looking for perfection - just accountability).

You are defending the indefensible.  Its pretty horrific.  But you do you

i'm merely defending them from your wrong-footed attacks. the issues in those news reports are all being addressed by the nhs (and not by know-nuthin-you to try to ensure better in the future).

55 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I want them built on Brownfield sites including the one I can see out my window and without scrapping regulations that protect nature and the environment.

in central bristol there probably aren't any brownfield sites, the old industrial areas are the docks, which is prime-regenerated-already-land.

10 minutes ago, Neil said:

in central bristol there probably aren't any brownfield sites, the old industrial areas are the docks, which is prime-regenerated-already-land.

I don't know which night be deemed central but there are lots of Brownfield sites in Bristol.

https://www.bristol.gov.uk/business/planning-and-building-regulations-for-business/planning-for-business/brownfield-land-register

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I would think its not that simple. There are probably dozens and dozens of regulations regarding zoning, what the brown field site was used for and other industries that still exist in the area. There has been a planning application rejected near me due to an ammonia plant being close enough to a brown field application.

We've probably had all the easy wins for development which is why the government is now trying to slash regulation to reduce the cost and so allow the builders to produce more affordable housing.

51 minutes ago, lost said:

I would think its not that simple. There are probably dozens and dozens of regulations regarding zoning, what the brown field site was used for and other industries that still exist in the area. There has been a planning application rejected near me due to an ammonia plant being close enough to a brown field application.

We've probably had all the easy wins for development which is why the government is now trying to slash regulation to reduce the cost and so allow the builders to produce more affordable housing.

The most affordable housing is that which is built and sold without profit as the first thought.

If all empty/derilict homes were made liveable there would be no need to build ne ones.
Source, government survey 2021.

56 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-66592199

So expansion of Ulez is going down like a lead balloon.  

I presume Khan has no interest in reelection lol.   

Mr centrist jelly bollocks coward.

’Previously I would agree with green policies, but since this one stops my wife from driving a certain car that she has a completely unreasonable, irrational and now very expensive attachment to, I actually hate it, in fact if reducing pollution and saving the planet means my wife driving a different car, i say, let it burn’

Twat.

*He even looks like lembit opik. My cheeky girl wants to drive her cheeky car and global warming be damned! 

IMG_0670.jpeg

Edited by mattiloy

15 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

If all empty/derilict homes were made liveable there would be no need to build ne ones.
Source, government survey 2021.

Again easier said than done just taking empty properties from people we have things like contact law and property rights in this country. Those laws are then enforced at a global level by things like the WTO.

Edited by lost