news & politics:discussion

zahidf

...although there is now a prediction that inflation will hit 18% in Jan.

I think things will be bad for a lot of people, especially people on lower incomes with higher bills, and anyone who uses any public services. But, I'm sure Truss will blame someone, the bank of england or the blob or remoaners or the EU or migrants or whatever.

27 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think things will be bad for a lot of people

i do too, but most people will find a way through it, and then be able to think, that wasn't so bad after all.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

autumn election? or stick it out and hope things improve by 2024?

They will wait. Will hope things are improving, no way will we have an early election.

If inflation is back to 2% then they can claim victory, and maybe things will be improving for people by then  oh and a nice cut in income tax

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Yea certain not the best I heard. Went to his one liner show, has about 8 people doing short sets, and there were better . Of course can't remember any of them but did laugh a lot

Edited by fred quimby

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Bojo - I remember when everyone was worried about him staying in office and what he would do, when infact he did fuck all except go on holidays.

its all about collecting the wages for as long as he can. which makes him low-rent.

43 minutes ago, lost said:

It was why Javid quit as chancellor wasn’t it? Rishi seemed happy with the spending pre-covid but now appears to have hit his limit.

wasn't it more to do with Johnson/Cummings wanting him to sack all his advisers? but maybe the issue was actually spending.

On this I agree with Johnson/Cummings, country is crying out for spending and investment, it is where this money comes from is the big question, and not sure how Truss can both spend more and cut taxes.

Edited by steviewevie