news & politics:discussion

zahidf

he's right though in my opinion...surely the main objective at moment is to get tories out...Just Stop Oil protests blocking roads or disrupting sport events ultimately will probably help the tories. He's a smart guy, I buy my power from him, and he looks great in a neck scarf thing he bought from camden market or goa or wherever.

Just now, steviewevie said:

he's right though in my opinion...surely the main objective at moment is to get tories out...Just Stop Oil protests blocking roads or disrupting sport events ultimately will probably help the tories. He's a smart guy, I buy my power from him, and he looks great in a neck scarf thing he bought from camden market or goa or wherever.

I think I probably agree ... think a better tactic might be to move to blocking oil refineries and private jets ? the partys now seem to have policy set and JSO not able to influence and I guess hes closet to it 

27 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

probably bought it from gothic image or similar, a number of people i know (incl. my bruv) know dale  from before he started his energy biz.

"Relax planning rules"

I'm not sure I like the sound of this. Hopefully it will not mean allowing more to be built in green belt land and the countryside.

The people and politicians need to wake the f**k up. There are so many disused buildings in towns and cities, second homes and old duffers rattling around in multi-bedroom properties.

Meanwhile there are plenty willing or even wanting to live in vans/trucks/buses/yurts/Tipis/caravans etc, etc. Yet this is so hard to do due the "stuck in the past", conservative attitude of middle England.

• Upvote 1

They won’t relax planning rules, this is from the article:

‘include planning reforms to hand greater powers to local authorities to compulsorily purchase land and building on specific areas of green belt land‘

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They won’t relax planning rules, this is from the article:

‘include planning reforms to hand greater powers to local authorities to compulsorily purchase land and building on specific areas of green belt land‘

As I feared

9 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

"Relax planning rules"

I'm not sure I like the sound of this. Hopefully it will not mean allowing more to be built in green belt land and the countryside.

The people and politicians need to wake the f**k up. There are so many disused buildings in towns and cities, second homes and old duffers rattling around in multi-bedroom properties.

Meanwhile there are plenty willing or even wanting to live in vans/trucks/buses/yurts/Tipis/caravans etc, etc. Yet this is so hard to do due the "stuck in the past", conservative attitude of middle England.

Green belt was put there to stop cities expanding, not necessarily to protect this green and pleasant land. We need more housing built desperately. Some of that can be on brownfield or whatever it's called, but that won't be enough. It's not as if they're going to destroy forests and sh*t. Most of the country is green...well actually a large amount is farmland and fields and muthaf**king golf courses, maybe some of that can be given back to nature. 

Not sure what you're on about with the yurt thing.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Not sure what you're on about with the yurt thing.

Why can't the government relax planning laws around people living in low impact temporary dwellings. Provide official sites.

Okay so it's not going to make a significant difference, but surely every little helps.

Besides some folks are happier living like that, mental health win!

8 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Why can't the government relax planning laws around people living in low impact temporary dwellings. Provide official sites.

Okay so it's not going to make a significant difference, but surely every little helps.

Besides some folks are happier living like that, mental health win!

100% agree being a van dweller for 5 years now

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I think I probably agree ... think a better tactic might be to move to blocking oil refineries and private jets ? the partys now seem to have policy set and JSO not able to influence and I guess hes closet to it 

I think Just Stop Oil not only have an issue with the message, but the messengers. They haven’t found that leader that can connect with the media, instead they often come across as very middle class.

We need to build more houses to help with the housing crises so if that’s means building in parts of the green belt that aren’t really that important then we should do it.