news & politics:discussion

zahidf

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Surely it was worth doing that first? I know HS2 is a longer-term project - it was first tested as an idea when Labour were still in charge in 2009, off the back of opening HS1 and the link from London to the Channel Tunnel, but it feels like the idea of a high-speed line in northern cities rather than the slow, twisty TPE route between Manchester and Sheffield/Leeds would've been a better place to start.

Exactly what we do with Euston is another matter. Can guess people living in Camden who've had to put up with construction traffic for years for a project that might not even be finished will be oh so delighted.

I doubt the savings are enough, however. Feels like inflation and the use of expensive consultants on every infrastructure project the UK seems to try to do will just add a few extra billion by the 2050s when it might be running.

Hell, I live an about hour outside London and round here they wish to re-open the line from Oxford to Cambridge. Can recall they were talking about having it reopened by 2017, which according to my calendar, they look like they're going to miss.

22 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Catalyst
Final straw
Part of

It made  a difference, impossible to know how big but it did.

Todfay in Scotland there are climate protests - peaceful so far but there are elements there who might not stay that way...........

and the organiser, when asked why they were there said 'politicians have told them they need to so that those who make decisions will see public opinion and force them to act' and that includes 'disorder',.

So politicians tell us protests work, but we know they do................ else why do they want to ban them?

there's protests, then there's disruptive protests like blocking roads which is illegal, and then there's violent protests which are obviously illegal.

36 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

there's protests, then there's disruptive protests like blocking roads which is illegal, and then there's violent protests which are obviously illegal.

and walking slowly wearing the wrong t-shirt - which is now also illegal in the UK thanks to the pathetic Tory party being scared.

The policing bill has made normal behaviour illegal...... sitting on  park bench saying nothing but holding  a sign say 'no to school' can now get you arrested if one single person complains.

So 'there's protests' and there are 'illegal protests' - which are now pretty much the same thing.

If I get an orange t-shirt with the words 'Joust Pilots' on it and walk slowly down the pavement and when crossing the road I can now be arrested.......................................

Do you think that is fair and should be illegal?

If you do then you must dream of Braverman............. and wake up damp.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

If I get an orange t-shirt with the words 'Joust Pilots' on it and walk slowly down the pavement and when crossing the road I can now be arrested.......................................

Do you think that is fair and should be illegal?

If you do then you must dream of Braverman............. and wake up damp.

Funny you should say that...

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

all the grim stuff about Russell Brand coming out...all made up of course because he was getting close to the "truth" and "they" didn't like it. Musk supports him, and Tate.

Yeah I can really see the govt thinking that Russell brand is why they're tanking in the polls so they need to take Him down .

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

all the grim stuff about Russell Brand coming out...all made up of course because he was getting close to the "truth" and "they" didn't like it. Musk supports him, and Tate.

wonder which "news" channel gives him air time ...... oh and wooten the same ..... no wonder advertisers are fleeing in droves 

Edited by Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

They’ve changed the name of the Dispatches programme now to something with his name in it. I’m guessing the reports of other comedians being named in it were false.

6 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

They are supposed to say what work you would be ft for. Doesn't need a doctor to do one now. Apparently even a pharmacist can

i'm good for nuthin 😛 

Media have been rounded up to go for brand it's the lead item on radio four and the times, and his agent has felt pressured to dump him.reckon brand has offended the wrong person who wanted take him down.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Or he raped some women

I just read the guardian article and brand seems to have been an open secret in meediaworld.and have been lined up against him . All works better as a takedown if the allegations are true.

18 minutes ago, Neil said:

I just read the guardian article and brand seems to have been an open secret in meediaworld.and have been lined up against him . All works better as a takedown if the allegations are true.

Will be interested in tonight's evidence. I don't like Brand. Met him once at an addiction conference. Twat I think we've had a thread about 2013 about him 

But let's see the evidence.

21 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Will be interested in tonight's evidence. I don't like Brand. Met him once at an addiction conference. Twat I think we've had a thread about 2013 about him 

I reckon the agentbhasbdroppedhim because they recognise some of the claimed facts.

23 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

At a rave years ago i walked in one side of the tent as brand with camera walked in the other only knew him from his MTV programme back then. And i didnt fancy being the Spangled idiot On TV.