news & politics:discussion

zahidf

26 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It’s all quite demoralising, I find. The Tories appoint one PM that is a disaster, they move on expecting us to do the same and then appoint another PM. That PM is then a disaster and rinse repeat. Whilst nothing changes for the better.

I wish anything made a difference and there would be some consequences for their actions yet there isn’t and we are expected to just forget about it all. I wish it could change. 

yeah, surely this is their last chance...why they're so determined to show they're united, unite or die.

But, I guess alternative is if leader is kicked out by own party then we have a general election? That would make it much less likely they'd get kicked out, unless polling showed they'd win with an alternative leader. So, we'd still have Boris Johnson in place.

Edited by steviewevie

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, surely this is their last chance...why they're so determined to show their united, unite or die.

But, I guess alternative is if leader is kicked out by own party then we have a general election? That would make it much less likely they'd get kicked out, unless polling showed they'd win with an alternative leader. So, we'd still have Boris Johnson in place.

Not having a go at you but this is my point. It’s so demoralising that the Tories always get ‘one more chance’, why do we always have to give them another chance? Why isn’t there ever any consequences for their actions?

I guess the answer from them is effectively ‘fuck you, just accept it’.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Not having a go at you but this is my point. It’s so demoralising that the Tories always get ‘one more chance’, why do we always have to give them another chance? Why isn’t there ever any consequences for their actions?

I guess the answer from them is effectively ‘fuck you, just accept it’.

you quoted me before I was able to fix my there/their/they'res

Well, in our system they face consequences at the next election. We elect a party to govern, not a prime minister, although in realityI know a lot rides on who is the leader. And during their term in office they can, within reason, do what the fuck they like, and then face the elctorate next time. It might feel unfair if they bounce back in the polls under Sunak and labour don't win a majority, but them's the breaks as someone once said.

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

you quoted me before I was able to fix my there/their/they'res

Well, in our system they face consequences at the next election. We elect a party to govern, not a prime minister, although in realityI know a lot rides on who is the leader. And during their term in office they can, within reason, do what the fuck they like, and then face the elctorate next time. It might feel unfair if they bounce back in the polls under Sunak and labour don't win a majority, but them's the breaks as someone once said.

I know I know, maybe it’s because I’m feeling a bit meh today but it feels like they don’t suffer any consequences for their actions.

9 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

How tall was Boris? He seemed a hobbit sized fellow.

Nice to see eFests talking about the big issues of the day.

1.75m or 5.9 feet.