Pukkelpop 2021

Guys, I'm already discovering many of the smaller artists I didn't know and, every time I do this, PKP surprises me with some incredibly good stuff. It's my favourite thing about this festival and I'm a little happier now. I really hope the festival is going ahead without many defections.

Anyway, looking at the stage splits on the website, here's what I think we should expect:

- Friday: a couple of Marquee names, probably a closer after dEUS (Soulwax or Apparat would be a dream) and a small one (Portland?);

- Saturday: something's missing in the Main Stage and Dance Hall. Can Balthazar have a late afternoon slot with another decent artist between them and Editors (Foals, The Hives or another surprise?) or maybe just a couple of smaller names to be added? An afternoon set by Brutus or Maneskin? Amelie Lens for Dance Hall? I don't expect anything really big but let's see.

- Sunday: some names missing in the Club Stage, hoping for Black Midi and maybe some other nice act (GoGo Penguin, STUFF., Raketkanon?) + maybe a couple more in the other stages.

Maybe another small space with small names announced at last?

Edited by gigi21
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gigi21 said:

Guys, I'm already discovering many of the smaller artists I didn't know and, every time I do this, PKP surprises me with some incredibly good stuff. It's my favourite thing about this festival and I'm a little happier now. I really hope the festival is going ahead without many defections.

Anyway, looking at the stage splits on the website, here's what I think we should expect:

- Friday: a couple of Marquee names, probably a closer after dEUS (Soulwax or Apparat would be a dream) and a small one (Portland?);

- Saturday: something's missing in the Main Stage and Dance Hall. Can Balthazar have a late afternoon slot with another decent artist between them and Editors (Foals, The Hives or another surprise?) or maybe just a couple of smaller names to be added? An afternoon set by Brutus or Maneskin? Amelie Lens for Dance Hall? I don't expect anything really big but let's see.

- Sunday: some names missing in the Club Stage, hoping for Black Midi and maybe some other nice act (GoGo Penguin, STUFF., Raketkanon?) + maybe a couple more in the other stages.

Maybe another small space with small names announced at last?

Deus are closing the Marquee and Balthazar are playing before Editors so whoever gets announced will most likely play before those two or close the main stage. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DDave said:

Deus are closing the Marquee and Balthazar are playing before Editors so whoever gets announced will most likely play before those two or close the main stage. 

Ok I see. 
Anyway I'm ways more interested in who'll be announced at Sunday's Club stage and won't put great hopes in big names for Main/Marquee.

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

Ok I see. 
Anyway I'm ways more interested in who'll be announced at Sunday's Club stage and won't put great hopes in big names for Main/Marquee.

They've said they aren't playing but wouldnt surprise me if Goose close the main on the Saturday.

9 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

@Ken19maybe you're not able to answer me but I'd like to ask you (and obviously the other ones in the forum):

PKP is the only festival I've been where you cannot buy records. Do you know why?

Yes you can!

They even had a real record store at the festival site last 2 or 3 editions. 

95709181-9A7C-4D59-8269-16E7F9069846.jpeg

Edited by Dennisf
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dennisf said:

Between Lift and Pukkelpop Café 

Now I remember I also visited it in 2019 but I was there with my tent and I didn't have space to buy records, so my mind removed it 😅
I'm sure there wasn't in the first editions I came.

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

As a first timer at Pukkelpop, can I ask some non-lineup-related questions?

1. I read you can't bring liquids into the music arena. Can I bring an empty bottle in, and is there tap water available or do you have to buy all your water in there?
  2. How strict is the security typically entering into the music arena? I assume bags are searched, do they body search you and how intense is that? 'Other' people at other festivals have been known to stash a Capri-Sun type plastic container in their nether regions without issue. 
  3. I have a compact camera that fits on my belt and takes better photos than my phone. is it likely to be allowed?
  4. How expensive is food and drink, generally? Does the token system mean that they gouge you in terms of prices? 
  5. I will be on my own and I am planning to be in Camping Relax. Any advice on a quiet spot? What's the atmosphere like generally?
  6. How far is the walk to the music arena?
  7. On Sunday I probably need to leave early. I see there are XL lockers at the entrance. Would they fit a backpack and tent, so if I pack up Sunday morning and put my stuff in a locker, I have a quicker escape when I need to? Are they likely to be booked out immediately?

Many thanks.

32 minutes ago, Kepler21 said:

1. I read you can't bring liquids into the music arena. Can I bring an empty bottle in, and is there tap water available or do you have to buy all your water in there?
  2. How strict is the security typically entering into the music arena? I assume bags are searched, do they body search you and how intense is that? 'Other' people at other festivals have been known to stash a Capri-Sun type plastic container in their nether regions without issue. 
  3. I have a compact camera that fits on my belt and takes better photos than my phone. is it likely to be allowed?
  4. How expensive is food and drink, generally? Does the token system mean that they gouge you in terms of prices? 
  5. I will be on my own and I am planning to be in Camping Relax. Any advice on a quiet spot? What's the atmosphere like generally?
  7. On Sunday I probably need to leave early. I see there are XL lockers at the entrance. Would they fit a backpack and tent, so if I pack up Sunday morning and put my stuff in a locker, I have a quicker escape when I need to? Are they likely to be booked out immediately?

Many thanks.

1. There is tapwater, you can bring your own bottle

2. There is body search, but they aren't allowed to search your bags, they can only look in it.

3. It hink it is allowed.

4. A drink/food ticket is €3, a drink is one ticket, cocktails 3 tickets, food is between 1 and 4 tickets. You can buy tickets cheaper in presale. There is food in the street outside the festival site that is provided by neighbours and is cheaper. 

5. I've been in Camping Relax once, and it is, not suprisingly, relaxed. Not much of a party at night, almost no queues. 

6. I advice you to take the free shuttle to the festival site. You can walk, but it is far. Shuttles ride every 15 minutes, more or less. 

7. I don't think this is an option. The lockers are in the festival area, after the check by security. I don't think a big backpack is allowed in the area. The XL lockers aren't that big.  

re: the drinks, 1 ticket will get you half a beer so 6 euros a pint and for example a pizza will be 3 tickets so 9 euros. 

Good thing about Pukkelpop is that residents of houses near the entrance open up food stalls at the front of the houses at much cheaper prices, you can also grab a beer there as well. they are right outside the entrance so not much of a diversion

55 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

1. There is tapwater, you can bring your own bottle

2. There is body search, but they aren't allowed to search your bags, they can only look in it.

3. It hink it is allowed.

4. A drink/food ticket is €3, a drink is one ticket, cocktails 3 tickets, food is between 1 and 4 tickets. You can buy tickets cheaper in presale. There is food in the street outside the festival site that is provided by neighbours and is cheaper. 

5. I've been in Camping Relax once, and it is, not suprisingly, relaxed. Not much of a party at night, almost no queues. 

6. I advice you to take the free shuttle to the festival site. You can walk, but it is far. Shuttles ride every 15 minutes, more or less. 

7. I don't think this is an option. The lockers are in the festival area, after the check by security. I don't think a big backpack is allowed in the area. The XL lockers aren't that big.  

Thank you

43 minutes ago, DDave said:

re: the drinks, 1 ticket will get you half a beer so 6 euros a pint and for example a pizza will be 3 tickets so 9 euros. 

Good thing about Pukkelpop is that residents of houses near the entrance open up food stalls at the front of the houses at much cheaper prices, you can also grab a beer there as well. they are right outside the entrance so not much of a diversion

Thank you

1 hour ago, Kepler21 said:

Many thanks.

I can add something about my experience as I stayed alone at Camping Relax in 2019.

3. From the 2019's faqs: small cameras without interchangeable lenses, mobile phones, smartphones and tablets are allowed.

5. There is no atmosphere at all or kind of spots... It's just an open green field full of tents, one close to the others. But you'll got more or less everything you need (showers, toilets, some shops, food, drinks)

6. I only walked once to reach the festival area in the morning and I could say it's not really close (I cant' tell you exactly but maybe something like 3 kms). I always took the shuttle bus to come back to my tent in the night, but it's always crowdy and there's a line.

7. Try and ask on their Facebook page, maybe they can help you but I didn't see any big enough locker to do that.

Ask us if you need for some other infos

• Like 1