Pet Shop Boys 2020?

Hugh Jass

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Probably a bit late now tbh … 

Lol..indeed.

I mean, it could be a flash in the pan for them. West end Girls was 87 I think?

Maybe they need to rethink the formula

Saw them at the O2 tonight and they were amazing. Even the worst venue in the UK couldn’t ruin a great show. Will work perfectly as a festival set, hit after hit after hit. Really looking forward to seeing it again in Birmingham on Saturday and again at Glastonbury. 

14 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Neil Tennant always sings live. The backing is obs a backing track with the other bloke playing some chords on top. But yes I'm surprised they've never moved on from the formula. 

Last few tours have always had live percussionists. This tour has two drummers one also plying keyboard and guitar. Even Neil plays the guitar at one point.

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Going to see them in Glasgow on Sunday, looking forward to it. Been a long time since I last was at one of their gigs, now probably twice in around four weeks.

Same here. In fact only ever seen them at Glastonbury 2010, which considering how many songs I know on the current tour setlist seems like an oversight. Perfect Sunday night set.

5 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

Saw the tour for the second time last night in Birmingham.  Still brilliant.  Didn't change at all from the O2 gig.  Wondering if they will make any changes for Glastonbury.

unlikely, they'd have to remake the mime tracks?

11 minutes ago, Neil said:

unlikely, they'd have to remake the mime tracks?

no miming at a Pet Shop Boys gig.  Neil is one of the few 'oldie' acts I have seen that still has his voice (given the style of singing not really the type that degrades)

6 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

Must have been to a different gig to the twenty odd I have been too over the years. 

Yeah my best mate has also been to 20 + and says the only time he’s seen them mime was top of the pops in the 80s when just about everyone was doing the same 

• Thanks 1

Glasgow was superb. I assume a few tracks will get dropped from that setlist which will make it actually even more likely to slay the Other Stage. They had everybody at a nearly full Hydro up and dancing by the end. 

10 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yeah my best mate has also been to 20 + and says the only time he’s seen them mime was top of the pops in the 80s when just about everyone was doing the same 

my experience was from bestival, i've never been so certain it wasn't live.