Bit of a random one - anyone want to earn some money driving a camper van on site?

PollyPeach

We need to get our van on site by tuesday evening - behind greenpeace stage - however my boyfriend now has to be away for a work thing and can't get cover and I have my 6 year old to look after so I can't drive it down for the day due to school and no childcare - I'm not going properly until friday for the same reason. If anyone is going down from N/E London on Tuesday and fancies driving it in - obviously we'd pay you well, and might be able to sort some other wristbands...  at the very least for greenpeace which would mean you wouldn't have to queue for the SE corner once the one way in place after the main stages shut - i think anyway... Sorry if this isn't allowed to post, but I thought worth an ask.

Thank you!

Haha, it isn't... but if that was my game (it isn't), that would have been a good idea.

No, it's literally that we have to have it on site before the gates open, and currently can't work out how to do that as neither of us can do it. We have mates working for oxfam but they are worried about getting in as they don't have a physical ticket. I thought this would be a long shot, but worth a go.

4 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

How would one get on site with your van into a back stage area. Do you supply the relevant wristbands/documentation to be allowed in that particular area. I have a ticket just curious

I actually just asked my boyfriend the same question and he said he'd sort. So I guess so... he's sorted out the pitch for the van already, assuming we can get it in!

39 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Sounds like you need to figure out if it’s possible for some randomer (not you or you’re bf who I assume have crew tickets) to get through security without any hassle

Yes he is calling tomorrow to ask about this. Actually I have a normal ticket but he has some sort of crew one I think. But it’s just wristbands for the various backstage bits so that’s fine, it’s just getting in with the van a day early and the logistics of that. If anyone is interested though, do drop me a line and he can call the site manager tomorrow. 

I reckon this is all going to be too short notice to pull off probably 

Edited by PollyPeach