2019 bar crawl

PorkSoda

Now i know there is a simillar thread for two years ago but there's loads of new stuff and it's fun to plan from scratch. 

On Thursday plan to have a bar crawl around site and know a lot of others do to. What are people's must hits and routes to take in as much as possible. 

So far we're definitely going for

Bimble inn

Brothers 

Theatre and circus 

Bar in the wood 

The cornish arms

Almost definitely not in that order. 

Let's hear your suggestions 

Would recommend the bar directly opposite Williams Green with the big BAR sign on top. Not bar on the green.

It's usually got DJ's on and you can also sit on the grass around and soak up the atmosphere around Williams Green as it's very busy.

We're planning on doing a bit of a bar crawl on the Wednesday, mainly ones we dont go to as much:

Avalon
Bimble
T and C.

Where is the Cornish Arms?

Mrs Jass and are planning a crawl/bimble on the Thursday. A few basics will be hit, Cider Bus (there's nothing better than lying in the Pyramid Field with a nice cool cider on a hot Thursday), Brother Bar, Stonebridge around the time of Baggy Mondays and Williams Green for Guilty Pleasures.

The bits inbetween we'll make up as we go along.

I did a Thursday bar crawl in 2017. Started at Cider Bus, then realised walking downhill would be easier, so went from Cider bus to Tricketts..... realised I might forget everywhere I had been, so made a point of taking photos at each venue..... full list was:

Cider Bus

Tricketts

Bimble

Village Inn

Bar on Green

Theatre Bar

Bread & Roses

Chameleon

Mandala

Beat Hotel

Tolpuddle

Was camped in Darble, so a stagger home from Tolpuddle.

IMG_1590.jpg

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude
forgot Theatre Bar
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mrs Jass and are planning a crawl/bimble on the Thursday. A few basics will be hit, Cider Bus (there's nothing better than lying in the Pyramid Field with a nice cool cider on a hot Thursday), Brother Bar, Stonebridge around the time of Baggy Mondays and Williams Green for Guilty Pleasures.

I also plan to take in Baggy Mondays as part of my bar crawl this year. I'll get a drink, then enjoy the festivities from outside the bar. Maybe see you there! I'll be with my lad, who is 18 on 6th June. Hoping he'll last the pace. (ok, I hope he  looks after his old man).

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sounds a bit like that marathon you ‘ran’. 

2 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Good list. It's uphill though.

Yeah, that’s just dawned on me as well. Started it at Woods as we camp on Hitchin Hill. Could do it in reverse maybe. The stroll up to Tricketts will be interesting seven pints in.

13 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Yeah, that’s just dawned on me as well. Started it at Woods as we camp on Hitchin Hill. Could do it in reverse maybe. The stroll up to Tricketts will be interesting seven pints in.

I started at Cider bus before the long walk to Tricketts at the start. You could still start Woods then Cider Bus, trip to Tricketts would be ok after 2. How about we arrange an efests Thursday bar crawl? I'll be camped in Darble so Woods is good for me.