Living near site

reallife

22 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

We live closer to Bath, so just outside the catchment area for full weekend tickets. However, we do benefit from Sunday tickets and free coaches from our town. We also have transport options for Pilton Party which we use every year! Michael Eavis does a lot of talks at a coal-mining museum near us too.

We're occasionally affected by the Festival traffic, but not nearly as much as others. Cannot wait for this year!

Do you only go to the festival on the Sunday? 

37 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Do you only go to the festival on the Sunday? 

I've been lucky enough to do the below:

2011, 2016  - Sunday

2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, (2019) - Full weekend

The Sunday is great for those who want to try the festival, or for those who have other things going on. It's also good if you miss out on general admission, although on T-day they sold out in under one minute this year!

5 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Why is that one so cheap?! What am I missing?

One thing I love about the Monday is cooing at all the gorgeous houses when we end up on random roads/lanes coming off site.

My guess is (a) it’s a modern house, in my opinion pretty damn ugly from the outside and (b) it’s shoehorned into a plot with other houses on top.  Not really any garden as such. 

That said if you like modern houses and your neighbours real close it’s a bargain.