Shelter Glastonbury

marathonsteve

8 hours ago, chelseadisco said:

I was just wondering do we have access to hot water in the campsite does anyone know? The consumable type for coffee etc as opposed to the washing yourself variety.

thanks! 

There's at least one still in the catering marquee.

I don’t like Facebook either!! 

Hopefully they will email as well... I have however begrudgingly signed up to the group as requested because the stress of potentially missing key info is just too much for me ??

Happy to copy over Shelter’s posts into this forum if it helps? 

9 hours ago, chelseadisco said:

I don’t like Facebook either!!

Hopefully they will email as well... I have however begrudgingly signed up to the group as requested because the stress of potentially missing key info is just too much for me ??

Happy to copy over Shelter’s posts into this forum if it helps?

I'm another one who has held out on Facebook, so would very much appreciate anything important being posted over, or anything interesting.

11 hours ago, MrZigster said:

I'm another one who has held out on Facebook, so would very much appreciate anything important being posted over, or anything interesting.

Will do my best!

Although my request to join said group is still yet to be approved... 

Out of curiosity, was it the same in previous years for the Facebook group? Or was it more email-based?

10 minutes ago, chelseadisco said:

Will do my best!

Although my request to join said group is still yet to be approved...

Out of curiosity, was it the same in previous years for the Facebook group? Or was it more email-based?

Hard to remember as I haven't done it since '16 and I had a lot of personal back and forth with them that year.

Pretty sure though that we'll just get an email the weekend before like we were told at the briefing I attended.

I seem to remember being asked a generic "any disibilities" question in previous years. May have missed it this year though.

I certainly did not join the facbook thing last time and I'm sure I didn't miss much (apart from bants).

10 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I requested to join the Facebook group but my request is still pending.

Has anyone been accepted to this group yet ? 

Really think the communication from Shelter/Avalon has been really poor so far. Has anyone had the follow up email with the "survival Guide" we were promised at the training session yet ?

3 minutes ago, dodger717 said:

Has anyone been accepted to this group yet ? 

Really think the communication from Shelter/Avalon has been really poor so far. Has anyone had the follow up email with the "survival Guide" we were promised at the training session yet ?

Nope nothing yet, and the survival guide still to appear as well.

would agree it seems to not be very efficient! 

6 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

That's Glastonbury all over though isn't it and part of the charm?

It's always seems a bit "back of a fag packet" planning.

but is it Shelter or Avalon that is running the Facebook group ?

I know one of the directors of Avalon and there is no mention of a extra group in his Facebook posts.

3 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

but is it Shelter or Avalon that is running the Facebook group ?

I know one of the directors of Avalon and there is no mention of a extra group in his Facebook posts.

The email about the group came from Shelter. Personally I have as little to do with facebook as possible.

11 hours ago, MrZigster said:

The email about the group came from Shelter. Personally I have as little to do with facebook as possible.

I was dead against it but all my Team kept going on about it so I joined 12 years ago or so - its dead handy as I can contact them all at the same time and have seen some amazing photos that I would have missed - there is a few secret groups that I was asked onto about the WBC - I have about 90 friends which is very low compared to the rest of them but I am not interested in people I don't know - sure its a bit different for Shelter/Avalon but you never know ' you may like it '