Are all of the festival line ups this year a bit rubbish?

zahidf

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it was always done as a piss take. They knew what they were getting into.

And hey, it worked. People still talk of them today, rather than them disappearing into obscurity as they would have done. 

Fair play then, wonder how the convo with the agent went:

"I can get you in to Reading and leeds to see Eminem and raise your profile a bit...all you have to do is attempt to get through a couple of songs and dodge some bottles"

"deal"

33 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

My mum and dad wouldn't let me, I'll never forgive them. Went the next year but man, I was gutted.

15 year old me vowed to see every band on that list which pretty heavily informed my gigs for a few years afterwards.

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

:lol:

This thread's got me reading about em a bit more. They're new stuff is actually good! But loving the quotes here https://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/mar/29/daphne-and-celeste-you-and-i-alone

“Our biggest fear at the time was that we would get on the stage and no one would come. We thought everyone would protest and go off and see bands they actually liked.

DiConcetto found the whole thing surreal: “Backstage, Slipknot and Rage Against the Machine were coming up to us and telling us how hardcore we were – how they wouldn’t have stayed out there. It was definitely the best thing we did, our crowning achievement.”

“I’ve gotten messages from people saying it was the most fun they’d ever had a a festival,” adds Cruz. After a bit of discussion, the duo agree there was “something beautiful” about the way so many people came together, united in their hatred of the band.

“Although maybe we’d feel differently if we’d got hit,” laughs Cruz."