90s hardcore

e_p

Hoping for a repeat of the last few years in June, some proper 90-93 hardcore.  Been lucky enough to see Goldie, Altern 8, Shades, Mark XTC, Davos, Nicky Blackmarket, 2 Bad Mice to name a few since 2014, plus a few random bars blasting the old skool out. Have missed Slipmatt and vinyl Junkie as well. Been wicked crowds for these on the whole, especially Goldie at Arcadia. 

Just now, e_p said:

Hoping for a repeat of the last few years in June, some proper 90-93 hardcore.  Been lucky enough to see Goldie, Altern 8, Shades, Mark XTC, Davos, Nicky Blackmarket, 2 Bad Mice to name a few since 2014, plus a few random bars blasting the old skool out. Have missed Slipmatt and vinyl Junkie as well. Been wicked crowds for these on the whole, especially Goldie at Arcadia. 

I have seen all those sets. Nicky Blackmarket at London Underground on the Thursday night  was the best one. Nearest thing to Step Back in Manchester since Step Back.

Would like to see Ratpack there or Stu Allan.

• Upvote 1

Yep. Ellis Dee played back-to-back with Eats Everything a couple years back. Grooverider and Fabio at Arcadia last year was a great way to finish the festival off. Predominantly drum and bass but there was a couple of 90s bangers dropped for good measure.

1991-1993 jungle tekno sets from any of Ellis Dee, Pilgrim, Top Buzz, Sy, Slipmatt, Seduction or Easygroove would be sweet

18 hours ago, e_p said:

You need to try BOOMTOWN, It's filled with all sorts of bangers, old  and right up to date, If you've never been then I think you'd find it right up your street. There is a chat all about it on E Fests.

Edited by mashedonmud

On 10/11/2018 at 10:15 PM, e_p said:

were you one of the 8 people that saw Mark XTC? great set even if everyone left after altern8 had finished leaving very few people and I seem to remember there was a 10 year old there raving away at the front on his own 

On 10/11/2018 at 10:18 PM, eastynh said:

I have seen all those sets. Nicky Blackmarket at London Underground on the Thursday night  was the best one. Nearest thing to Step Back in Manchester since Step Back.

Would like to see Ratpack there or Stu Allan.

Ahh, good old Step Back. Great times had there 2000-02!  Wrote some terrible reviews in the student paper in exchange for free tickets

1 hour ago, ogriff said:

Ahh, good old Step Back. Great times had there 2000-02!  Wrote some terrible reviews in the student paper in exchange for free tickets

How come terrible reviews? It was fantastic at the Music Box and the Academy ones were an event to say the least. Was only the ones at the end which got hijacked by all the Scallies, @Sankeys which were crap.

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

How come terrible reviews? It was fantastic at the Music Box and the Academy ones were an event to say the least. Was only the ones at the end which got hijacked by all the Scallies, @Sankeys which were crap.

Oops, my fault! Sorry, that was poorly phrased. In exchange for free tickets I had to write a review for the student paper. My ability to remember anything about said night was somewhat compromised, so my reviews were terribly written/inaccurate...  Always had a great time, esp the music box ones! Academy was too brightly lit

Edited by ogriff