Resale Club 2019

McCor

3 hours ago, Jim fitch said:

Still so gutted would of been my 13th Glasto done the previous 4 in a row , anyone else thinking of working it if we're unlucky in the re sales ?

Would have been my 17th in a row........

I dreamt last night I rang See tickets with some bull about being sure my tickets had been purchased but they had now been canceled and what the hell were they doing to do about it?

I actually mulled it over when i woke up. 

It still hurts. 

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Last week is in the past. It's gone and there is nothing we can do about it. Too much negativity in here. Everyone needs an action plan in regards to how they are going to make it into the festival. Start nagging everyone on your Facebook list for help in April, start looking at volunteering. Also start contributing to the rest of the forum, don't hide away in here. The rest of the forum knows what it means to people, to go the festival. You never know, one of the others may secure your ticket

Nothing worthwhile in life comes easy. 

Totally agree.

I’m going to contact every single person who follows me on Twitter and get them to help in the April resale.

So that’s 3 of us !

6 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Totally agree.

I’m going to contact every single person who follows me on Twitter and get them to help in the April resale.

So that’s 3 of us !

If in the unlikely event Depeche Mode get announced, I will be remortgaging my house and getting one of them 5k tickets.

19 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Last week is in the past. It's gone and there is nothing we can do about it. Too much negativity in here. Everyone needs an action plan in regards to how they are going to make it into the festival. Start nagging everyone on your Facebook list for help in April, start looking at volunteering. Also start contributing to the rest of the forum, don't hide away in here. The rest of the forum knows what it means to people, to go the festival. You never know, one of the others may secure your ticket

Your right for sure. personally I have got so much to keep myself busy with  I cannot even think about wanting April to come quick. In fact I need time to slow down to get all my jobs done. I’ve got family life a man cave to finish,  garden to landscape, painting to be done...etc it’s a whirlwind 

Just now, eastynh said:

If in the unlikely event Depeche Mode get announced, I will be remortgaging my house and getting one of them 5k tickets.

5k ticket? That's just ridiculous 

I mean fancy being that obsessed with a festival you'd spend 5k on a ticket!  Where on earth would you even get one? How could you justify it?

Do you have a link/phone number/ friend with no morals/burning desire to help? I want to laugh in their faces at such a price. 

Do they take credit? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, smudger said:

5k ticket? That's just ridiculous 

I mean fancy being that obsessed with a festival you'd spend 5k on a ticket!  Where on earth would you even get one? How could you justify it?

Do you have a link/phone number/ friend with no morals/burning desire to help? I want to laugh in their faces at such a price. 

Do they take credit? 

I found a VIP one for £1999 and I've mulled over it more times than I'd like to admit...

Well I have made it back onto here for a quick look but its very painful!

Tantalisingly close on Sunday but was one of those that got stuck on the payment page; so near but still so very far.

I will give it my best shot on resale day but am not on facebook or twitter so will try following this thread for a bit of solidarity. And if all else fails will volunteer if I can find somewhere. I thought it couldn't get worse than missing Radiohead last time (I'd managed to get to the previous 8 festivals) but somehow this feels worse!

Re volunteering, anyone know of anything that is 'oldie friendly' in terms of recruitment? :) 

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

Absolutely. I left the feeling sorry for myself back in Sunday/Monday. Since then I've been sorting myself out, formulating a plan of attack to get me there come Hell or high water Just doing everything possible to maximise chances my chances of being on Worthy Farm come June.

Isn't that the spirit of The Club?

Edited by squareheadz

11 minutes ago, marktea said:

Re volunteering, anyone know of anything that is 'oldie friendly' in terms of recruitment? :) 

Depends what you mean by that - as far as I'm aware nowhere really discriminates based on age in terms of recruitment, but if you mean slowing down / needing to sit down then yeah - bar work or litter picking may not be the best options. Oxfam (and I assume Festaff if they're there) will make "reasonable adjustments" as long as you notify them in advance that you're unable to stand up for extended periods, but it'd be good to contact them ahead of applying and discuss your specific circumstances.

33 minutes ago, squareheadz said:

Absolutely. I left the feeling sorry for myself back in Sunday/Monday. Since then I've been sorting myself out, formulating a plan of attack to get me there come Hell or high water Just doing everything possible to maximise chances my chances of being on Worthy Farm come June.

Isn't that the spirit of The Club?

Toast to that

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

I seem to remember you mulling something very similar last June...

You my friend are bang on. I mulled cogitated and thought long and hard and in the end I did absolutely bugger all!

I used to be indecisive- but now I’m not too sure....

I should have gone to Glasto solo. Opportunity missed. 

35 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

You my friend are bang on. I mulled cogitated and thought long and hard and in the end I did absolutely bugger all!

I used to be indecisive- but now I’m not too sure....

I should have gone to Glasto solo. Opportunity missed. 

Ahh it is what it is mate, I should have had my ticket last year too but life too short for regrets. just make sure you’re on the ball for the resale and we’ll have none of that secret resale gubbins!?

1 hour ago, moheetoes said:

I’m in the lakes to start getting glasto fit early, might not get out in the crap weather forecast for this weekend but there’s a pub 100yds from our house - every cloud ?

Ooh where abouts in the lakes are you? You probably picked the wrong weekend...☹️

Edited by MilkyJoe

Just now, MilkyJoe said:

Ahh it is what it is mate, I should have had my ticket last year too but life too short for regrets. just make sure you’re on the ball for the resale and we’ll have none of that secret resale gubbins!?

That’s me well and truly told!

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

Didn’t mean it like that mate, I stood beside you through all the uncertainty last year and I sincerely hope you get sorted, we still need to have that secret resale meet at the cider bus!

don’t worry mate. I knew what ya meant!

we will make the cider bus!!! That’s the mantra...

22 minutes ago, LetsGoToMars said:

First time since 2004 I've missed out on tickets (couldn't go in 2005 so didn't try, but my matesdid and succeeded).

Finding it difficult to accept I'm probably gonna miss out this time :(

It’s not over...