INmusic Festival 2019

gregory

27 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Assuming we have another world stage headliner: what are your bets?

I think it will be Idles or Miles Kane. Wouldn't say no to Richard Ashcroft or The Good, the Bad and the Queen either;) 

I bet on some local like Repetitor. 

• Upvote 1

We should still have 3 world music  “subs” for the World Stage to come too; Teme Tan & Tshegue last year and Orchestra Baobab & Kel Asouf the year before (who I all enjoyed watching).

Aside from that we’re pretty much done. Really hope they put 2 Hidden acts on late night each day and don’t clash them with stuff early evening, wouldn’t mind seeing all 6 so far announced. 

2 hours ago, gregory said:

We should still have 3 world music  “subs” for the World Stage to come too; Teme Tan & Tshegue last year and Orchestra Baobab & Kel Asouf the year before (who I all enjoyed watching).

Aside from that we’re pretty much done. Really hope they put 2 Hidden acts on late night each day and don’t clash them with stuff early evening, wouldn’t mind seeing all 6 so far announced. 

Totally agree! I'd like to see all hidden stage acts so far.

Also hoping for some nice undercard acts for world stage like Swmrs, Yonaka, Ten Tonnes or Sam fender. 

They did the day before KOL too, but no standard rules. They do what they want. 

Would make sense to announce a good act to add to the poster with the new prices on it though. Again, sense is rarely followed. 

Edit; anyway prices go up tomorrow at midnight and they won’t announce anything on a Saturday 

Edited by gregory

1 minute ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Ok. Announcements will come randomly as usual then.  Thanks for the reply!

They normally do an act a week though hey so fingers crossed pal, though we know The K’s and Lysistrata are coming soon, could be one of them 

• Upvote 1

I was checking Europavox band roster and you would never imagine who I found there. 

SUMSKI. 

Anyway if they pick some bands out of that list there are lot of interesting acts this year. 

Edited by alan_ts
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, activean said:

Plenty of promo posters, videos, paid posts everywhere, event posters around the city even before full lineup announcement...makes me wonder how are tickets going, no mention of "tickets are selling fast" like last year. 

Take away The Cure and then compare this year to last year. St V and Byrne have more claim to headline than Suede and Foals IMO and they subbed...

For long term development it would be better if INmusic manage to sold it out in the end...As a freelance festival without major sponsorship, there is no money in the back and we would be quickly back again to Franz Ferdinand headlining every third year .. 

I hope they keep the system with more artist like this year and maybe add some extra money on headliners again, that would be perfect. 

Anyway if this edition turns out to be less successful, maybe next year they will be going back the system where greater part of the budget goes for top 5 names. 

Must say this surprised me a lot, I was certain it would sell very well. Guess the promoters thought like me; The Cure themselves are enough for 20,000 tickets in Croatia, lets spend the whole budget on them. For the past 2 weeks I have been to Zagreb a few times and saw aggressive advertising everywhere, people telling me its not selling well etc. I dont know, was expecting very strong sales. Then again, the truth is, if you are under 35 years, there really is nothing for you there. Line up is extremely old, like never before....The Cure, Suede, Garbage, Marr, all artists that have peaked 20-25 or more years ago....

2 hours ago, Andrej said:

Must say this surprised me a lot, I was certain it would sell very well. Guess the promoters thought like me; The Cure themselves are enough for 20,000 tickets in Croatia, lets spend the whole budget on them. For the past 2 weeks I have been to Zagreb a few times and saw aggressive advertising everywhere, people telling me its not selling well etc. I dont know, was expecting very strong sales. Then again, the truth is, if you are under 35 years, there really is nothing for you there. Line up is extremely old, like never before....The Cure, Suede, Garbage, Marr, all artists that have peaked 20-25 or more years ago....

Posters in Zagreb are crazy...literally everywhere. This week I’m in Vienna and even here they have numerous Inmusic posters....so yeah they are pushing hard on advertising which suggests it’s not selling well. Shame really as despite the underwhelming headliners the lineups pretty solid this year.