Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gregory

INmusic Festival 2019

Recommended Posts

Finally Inmusic topic, didn't want to be the first one 😂👏

 

Agreee with Wilco, i'm adding Wezeer (Bilbao BBK 2019) . 

They host mosf of the indie rock artist already, a few they could have for the first time: the Killers, Beck, Jack White 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked the same apartment in vrbani, I'm waiting at least a few headliners for buying tickets. 

Weezer is a good shout, Jack White/Beck/The Killers would be all great for InMusic. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Weezer are notoriously expensive so I don’t think they’ll show up, but what do I know. 

Jack White is a good shout. Bjork maybe (finally) if they keep down this kind of credible act route. If not, Florence, the xx, or Lorde. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Florence / The Killers / Muse. That sounds very strong and would sell out the festival easily.

Not sure if the budget allows for 3 big names like that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, that is way to expensive for Inmusic IMO. But it does sound very promising for Mad Cool 😛

Maybe one of these three, even that one would probably be the main act of edition. Florence was biggest name of Inmusic 2016, not so long ago, so i would exclude her. 

Killers were in Serbia (Exit) last year and had 25-30k people concert in Ljubljana in 2009 so they are well known around, and they haven't been in Croatia yet- they could be 

I was following the FB comments and Wishlist on web-page - People are asking for Muse all the time, they are obviously very popular here but i'm afraid they are to big? Or not ? 

I read the interview (in Croatian, can give a link if you want) with festival director and it was mentioned Depeche Mode wanted to play here last year but were to expensive and they went to Volt festival. He also said  Radiohead, Foo Fighters, DM and  Pearl Jam are what they want but the budget would need an upgrade in that case. 

Lorde is great shout, she has Croatian citizenship but not a single concert there. What about Tool, many people asked to book them ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Muse played in Zagreb and Belgrade back in 2007 and it was embarrassingly empty in both, in Belgrade they let everyone with seating tickets to go on the floor and the floor still wasn't full. They didn't even bring the full production in. Matt said those were his favorite shows cause they looked like club shows but I guess he didn't know it's because it sold poorly :lol: My theory is that organizers still have that in mind and kinda don't want to book them. But people are moaning for them for years so don't know, maybe they just couldn't get it done. 

 

My early guess for the next year without knowing actually who's gonna tour. The Killers, Franz Ferdinand and Lorde 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, activean said:

No, that is way to expensive for Inmusic IMO. But it does sound very promising for Mad Cool 😛

Maybe one of these three, even that one would probably be the main act of edition. Florence was biggest name of Inmusic 2016, not so long ago, so i would exclude her. 

Killers were in Serbia (Exit) last year and had 25-30k people concert in Ljubljana in 2009 so they are well known around, and they haven't been in Croatia yet- they could be 

I was following the FB comments and Wishlist on web-page - People are asking for Muse all the time, they are obviously very popular here but i'm afraid they are to big? Or not ? 

I read the interview (in Croatian, can give a link if you want) with festival director and it was mentioned Depeche Mode wanted to play here last year but were to expensive and they went to Volt festival. He also said  Radiohead, Foo Fighters, DM and  Pearl Jam are what they want but the budget would need an upgrade in that case. 

Lorde is great shout, she has Croatian citizenship but not a single concert there. What about Tool, many people asked to book them ? 

 

Link please :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said before Muse are way too big (and expensive) IMO, and same could be said for the killers but I'd say there's a slight possibility of them, given some of the festivals they played this year & last.

lcd soundsystem could be a shout? 

Think QOTSA were announced September last year..? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, gregory said:

Think QOTSA were announced September last year..? 

That's true, but a year before Arcade Fire were announced in November. 

@everest i'll PM you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Muse sold under 2,000 tickets in Zagreb in 2007 i think. But InMusic is a different story today, at least 50% of the people at the festival are from outside Croatia, lost of tourists....so that show would be packed without any problems.

I still think Muse will be there next summer. And if they have a massive headliner like that, they can save on other 2 names, and put some non-headliner act up there, like Interpol this year.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cure? 

Btw, the early bird ticket price is now set at 47€, but only till Saturday. (53€ from September on ? ) Last year early bird was 40€, When they announced QOTSA it was 47, Nick cave 53€ and 60€ before sold out. 

A year before it was only 40€ when they announced most of the bands, they raised the ticket to 53€ because of KOL and that was the final price. I remember a year before buying a ticket just before festival for 47 or 49€. This year my guess is 67€ or 70€.

Nothing important i guess, probably bands and production costs more and more but still i think festival budget is rising, and in the long run they are aiming for bands like Depeche, Foo fighters .. 7€ more from each ticket is 200k in the end and that is something for a festival with budget less than 2 mio. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, activean said:

The Cure? 

Btw, the early bird ticket price is now set at 47€, but only till Saturday. (53€ from September on ? ) Last year early bird was 40€, When they announced QOTSA it was 47, Nick cave 53€ and 60€ before sold out. 

A year before it was only 40€ when they announced most of the bands, they raised the ticket to 53€ because of KOL and that was the final price. I remember a year before buying a ticket just before festival for 47 or 49€. This year my guess is 67€ or 70€.

Nothing important i guess, probably bands and production costs more and more but still i think festival budget is rising, and in the long run they are aiming for bands like Depeche, Foo fighters .. 7€ more from each ticket is 200k in the end and that is something for a festival with budget less than 2 mio. 

Thanks for the heads up. Just got tickets....you’ve saved me 12 euros ;) I totally owe you a beer!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2018 at 3:08 PM, activean said:

Btw, the early bird ticket price is now set at 47€, but only till Saturday. (53€ from September on ? ) Last year early bird was 40€, When they announced QOTSA it was 47, Nick cave 53€ and 60€ before sold out. 

Bingo! €53 + fess.

Ticket and camping for 2019 is currently €91 inc. fee's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gregory said:

The Cure playing a festival in Italy 16th June 😉

And Ejekt Festival in Greece

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a single headliner was the same on those two festivals in last two years, this more excludes them than confirms. 

I was thinking either The Cure or The Smashing Pumpkins could be in Zagreb, which one would you prefer? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So announcements season has started, that should push them to name first headliner soon. 

If they really booked the Cure, the announcement is going to be really soon, while they are still exclusive & before all other festivals do it.

I noticed that they do like to host artist with new music around festival dates (Arcade fire, Kasabian, Alt-J, Interpol) or they announce them when they release album and band had all the media attention, like QOTSA last year, so i went looking which albums are coming out this autumn: 21Pilots, Muse, The 1975, KT Tunstall. Nothing very likely i guess?
Also Mumford and Sons are releasing new song today. Yeah okay, you got me, The Cure certainly sounds like perfect stuff for Inmusic :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tempted by this,
any info on when line up is usually announced?
whats it like for leaving the festival and going into Zagreb?
and what about taking beer in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tomo18 said:

tempted by this,
any info on when line up is usually announced?
whats it like for leaving the festival and going into Zagreb?
and what about taking beer in?

It depends I think on who will headline. Last year Qotsa were announced in September, Nick Cave in December and Interpol in February.

The other bands were announced usually one for week without a particular scheme.

Jarun is 15mins driving from the city centre, Zagreb is really cheap so you can grab a taxi for few Kunas.

Same for beer, they check all the bag at the entrance but half litre is about 2,5€.

Edited by alan_ts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info alan

im split between camping and getting an apartment at the moment,

but it looks like it’s on my list for next year, what are food/drink prices inside the festival like?

And cashless how does that work? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×