The Glastonbury 2019 fancy dress threads

Crazyfool01

17 hours ago, semmtexx said:

I'm liking them! Can't quite bring myself to start my outfit without tickets. Bricking it!

likewise ... but I couldn't go through a summer without creating anything and as ive had the time off I needed to do something productive  ish :) . Ive just reached the end of a roll  of fishing wire which means ive sewn 300metres into my Glastonbury costumes over the last few years ... the bit I hate most ...but if I finish early I might have time to create something for someone one here like the groot creator did last year ... or just embellish a bit more ... ive a few ideas :) 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

sewn on with fishing wire ... not brave enough for the glue gun as I like to give it a wash every so often 

Have you looped it over or carefully poked it through the strip?

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

looped over .. led strips seem a bit temperamental to be poking things through 

OK! I'm thinking having them on the inside of a thin oversuit type thing. Shining out. May just go for the ease of glue. 

Sewing doesn't half take some time!

Edited by semmtexx

1 hour ago, ian the worm said:

On my white overalls I used cable ties to attach the LEDs and then hot glue gunned white ribbon over the whole lot. 

So with lights off, the whole thing was plain white. 

Washing / bleaching was done ‘locally’ by hand  

B32D2E04-2245-4114-9210-3098EF446CB0.thumb.jpeg.cce6085d62d7bb406934bd9149224e1a.jpeg

Did you and a mate do this in, I think 2014/15? I remember two blokes walking up the hill of death in white outfits with rrally bright flashes coming off them in strips down there arms and legs. Was flashing white I think. 

Looked awesome. Hence why I'm going to copy if I get tickets this year!

Edited by semmtexx

2 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Did you and a mate do this in, I think 2014/15? I remember two blokes walking up the hill of death in white outfits with rrally bright flashes coming off them in strips down there arms and legs. Was flashing white I think. 

Looked awesome. Hence why I'm going to copy if I get tickets this year!

I started making light up costume in Feb 2014 but this white one was worn in 2016.

Brief details in my blog: http://theflashingfrog.blogspot.com/2016/04/white-chasing-led-suit.html

Copy away, there's no IP on gluing tech to clothes.

So now I actually have tickets the fancy dress can ramp up .... @Sasperella didnt you do something last year ? and @semmtexx what are you up to this year ? as I think you got tickets ? does anyone know how to post short videos on here ? What happened to the Groot creator ?ive had a badge come through today that I can programme apparently with moving words ... any suggestions ? ive got the obvious glastonbury 2019 one .... was thinking of  some direction arrows after some of the different places on site IMG_2357.thumb.jpeg.228cc57a13bfcdc24fcb8506211bb4ef.jpeg

28 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So now I actually have tickets the fancy dress can ramp up .... @Sasperella didnt you do something last year ? and @semmtexx what are you up to this year ? as I think you got tickets ? does anyone know how to post short videos on here ? What happened to the Groot creator ?ive had a badge come through today that I can programme apparently with moving words ... any suggestions ? ive got the obvious glastonbury 2019 one .... was thinking of  some direction arrows after some of the different places on site IMG_2357.thumb.jpeg.228cc57a13bfcdc24fcb8506211bb4ef.jpeg

A-ha! I had noticed the hat you have been earnestly making before T-Day and worried it was tempting fate a bit....but as it turn out, fate bloody loved it :D 

You're right, I made an Alice in Wonderland costume last year, which has seen subsequent outings at both Boomtown and Shambala. I have been thinking of making a Mad Hatter for Glasto 2019 (which I've been wanting to do for AGES), but am wondering if the top hat will just piss me (and everyone behind me??) off and/or I'll lose it in shangri-la with a minute or two of walking in. So at the moment I'm also toying with the idea of a Cheshire Cat..... and you know, maybe even something non-Wonderland related (maybe)....

Edited by Sasperella

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

A-ha! I had noticed the hat you have been earnestly making before T-Day and worried it was tempting fate a bit....but as it turn out, fate bloody loved it :D 

You're right, I made an Alice in Wonderland costume last year, which has seen subsequent outings at both Boomtown and Shambala. I have been thinking of making a Mad Hatter for Glasto 2019 (which I've been wanting to do for AGES), but am wondering if the top hat will just piss me and everyone behind me off! So at the moment I'm also toying with the idea of a Cheshire Cat..... and you know, maybe even something non-Wonderland related (maybe)....

I was a bit worried it was tempting fate too :) im gonna nip back and try and find the username as ive forgotten 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

make it say "Fatboy Slim Secret set Glade 1am tonight"