Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

34 minutes ago, thetime said:

To be fair united should of had a pen and your goalkeeper had a blinder.

Not so sure your pen shout was as good as the commentators claimed. Arm down at the side is a lot more of a close-call than arm at shoulder height.

But yeah, Dubravka had a great game. Again. He's absolutely brilliant. 3-3 or 2-2 would have been a fair result, we were miles better first half, and could have got further ahead, Man U dominant 2nd half.

31 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Not so sure your pen shout was as good as the commentators claimed. Arm down at the side is a lot more of a close-call than arm at shoulder height.

But yeah, Dubravka had a great game. Again. He's absolutely brilliant. 3-3 or 2-2 would have been a fair result, we were miles better first half, and could have got further ahead, Man U dominant 2nd half.

He's one of our only decent players.

11 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

He's one of our only decent players.

There's some talent elsewhere in the squad, but no consistency whatsoever apart from Lascelles and Dubravka. Shelvey is inconsistent and undisciplined (although that's been better this last year). Diame has as many 3/10 games as 8/10 games. Perez makes nice touches and flicks but if his first one in a game doesn't come off he goes missing for the rest of it. Kennedy last season vs this one. 

Not to mention that we still don't have a striker who can score.

1 minute ago, kaosmark2 said:

There's some talent elsewhere in the squad, but no consistency whatsoever apart from Lascelles and Dubravka. Shelvey is inconsistent and undisciplined (although that's been better this last year). Diame has as many 3/10 games as 8/10 games. Perez makes nice touches and flicks but if his first one in a game doesn't come off he goes missing for the rest of it. Kennedy last season vs this one. 

Not to mention that we still don't have a striker who can score.

We're in the Premier league so I'm gonna list our Prem quality players:

Dubravka

Lascelles (just, liable to make mistakes)

Shelvey 

Kennedy (at least on last season)

3 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

We're in the Premier league so I'm gonna list our Prem quality players:

Dubravka

Lascelles (just, liable to make mistakes)

Shelvey 

Kennedy (at least on last season)

I still rate Perez and think there's a Prem-quality player there. But at 25 he needs to start performing consistently.

I think LeJeune looks like he is Prem quality when fit. But that qualifier makes him irrelevant.

Manquillo is awful, Ritchie's got a good ball in but no pace or skill to beat players to set up the cross, Murphy and Atsu have the pace but not the ability to do anything with it, Yedlin and Dummett should be reserve full-backs not first choice. Diame has the occasional game where he looks imperious but is worse than Sissoko was in the rest of them.

And we need the same goddamn striker we've needed for years. Someone to get 15 goals a season.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

There’s a guy at Fulham banging them in...

I noticed....

To me it's the worst decision Rafa made. I know Mitro has an awful disciplinary record for us, but his goals to starts ratio was pretty good. If he doesn't fit our system, why not change it a bit to suit our best goalscorer?

2 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I noticed....

To me it's the worst decision Rafa made. I know Mitro has an awful disciplinary record for us, but his goals to starts ratio was pretty good. If he doesn't fit our system, why not change it a bit to suit our best goalscorer?

Why he thought swapping Gayle for Rondon was a good idea I’ll never know.

I did say Gayle would score for fun in the Champ, 8 in 11 so far this season.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Why he thought swapping Gayle for Rondon was a good idea I’ll never know.

I did say Gayle would score for fun in the Champ, 8 in 11 so far this season.

Me neither. You might remember I was moaning about that through all the time it was being talked about pending.

And yep. To me the only thing that could stop him getting 25 goals for you this season would be injury. 

31 minutes ago, zahidf said:

"What we all wish for is that nothing can ever stain that record of Ronaldo" - Portuguese PM.

No, no, no. What we should all wish for is that a thorough investigation is conducted.

It's almost as bad as juventus statement. No wonder women are reluctant to come forward 

IMG_20181007_105012.jpg

It should never of been made public before a thorough investigation was conducted, charged and a guilty verdict if that was the case. 

That is for another thread on efests though.