Unfairground

shoptildrop

19 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Sasha never ever does nostalgia. However, for the first time ever he recently did this set for the film Trainspotting 2. so you never know...

Thats the intruiging part about it. Sasha is head and shoulders the biggest dj at the entire festival. Yet he his hidden away on that line up. Carl Cox was the same last year. He headlined the Glade and was originally timetabled to be on Bez's bus later on. He magically disappeared from the time table, only to turn up later and play an old skool set.

I reckon Sasha may do the same. It looks all set up to have a Hacienda night on Bez's bus on the Saturday. Mike Pickering, Jon Da Silva, 808 State and Sasha.

2 hours ago, PullingDoorsMakedPush said:

Where is the unfairground?, newbie going and want to check out Sasha's solo set before he goes b2b with Diggers on the saturday.

Thanks

South east corner. If you want to get there in peak hours, 10.30pm to 3am, you have to go through the south end of the cabaret field, the green route I've drawn here, as the place I've put a red cross on becomes exit only. All the areas are signposted so you should find your way, although the first time me and a mate went to Shangri La, we were in such a state that we tried to find our way out three times and found we'd just gone in a circle! :D

PAs2MCY.png

16 hours ago, wozwebs said:

The Shimmer Band are doing a DJ Set so presume they will be playing John Peel or the like as well. Highly rated up and coming band by all accounts. 

Yeahhh! They were fantastic supporting Cabbage. Going by the way they sound, I bet they know their way round a few good tunes as well.

I'm 55 - And I'm very pleased to say I recognize a whole 8 artists on that lineup, two of which I'll definitely be heading off to see.

Knowing my luck Sister Bliss will clash with Sasha - "Glastonbury festival problems".

6 hours ago, eastynh said:

Thats the intruiging part about it. Sasha is head and shoulders the biggest dj at the entire festival. Yet he his hidden away on that line up. Carl Cox was the same last year. He headlined the Glade and was originally timetabled to be on Bez's bus later on. He magically disappeared from the time table, only to turn up later and play an old skool set.

I reckon Sasha may do the same. It looks all set up to have a Hacienda night on Bez's bus on the Saturday. Mike Pickering, Jon Da Silva, 808 State and Sasha.

I think you may be on to something

Also very intrigued regarding Sasha; also would like an old school set from him, something circa 90-94 would be perfect, to include some of the Renaissance early prog tracks.  My favourite period as it's when he used to really mix it up.  The G-Spot and Universe sets still stand out for me, just proper full on party stuff.  Jon DaSilva def worth a nod

9 hours ago, Simpo said:

South east corner. If you want to get there in peak hours, 10.30pm to 3am, you have to go through the south end of the cabaret field, the green route I've drawn here, as the place I've put a red cross on becomes exit only. All the areas are signposted so you should find your way, although the first time me and a mate went to Shangri La, we were in such a state that we tried to find our way out three times and found we'd just gone in a circle! :D

PAs2MCY.png

Yeahhh! They were fantastic supporting Cabbage. Going by the way they sound, I bet they know their way round a few good tunes as well.

Sounds quality that, cheers. 

17 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Wow - Shimmer Band are on the list! Assuming they get a JP set? Do u reckon their DJ set will be a stormer as well?

Yea good group of lads from bristol who I know fairly well. They have some play list on Spotify they've also done some ldj sets after their gigs in bristol. Cracking band and such nice chaps 

I think Sasha, Jon Dasilva and Mike Pickering Hacienda night is looking very likely I feel...

If you consider that they all played together back in the day. Check this flyer:https://www.mdmarchive.co.uk/artefact.php?&aid=2313&bid=4433

And Sasha has this to say about Dasilva:

“Well Jon to me was the most influential Dj in my career really. He
showed me the way. Not only did he give me my first breaks, my
first proper, proper breaks, he taught me how to build DJ sets. I
used to go and watch him play from 9pm and follow the whole
night and listening to the way he crafted his dj sets and his use of
accapellas and sound effects was just mind-blowing. He was so
ahead of the game. I don’t think there’s another more influential
person on my Djing career really.”

https://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/jondasilva/biography

23 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

I think you may be on to something

Since I saw the glade line up I think so too. In the spaceport there's a 'made in mcr' night as well as a 'rave like it was 1989' night. With the Hacienda classical on Friday morning plus all of the above with Sasha / da silva etc, something cool as hell is coming together, for those of us 40+ :-)