Worthy Warriors

APPLES77

I've signed up again. It needs to be better organised than last year to have a better impact, I see they don't list the CV Fields so I'm not sure if they're not covering them this time, to be frank it was easy in CV East as everyone I spoke to when I covered our field was very positive about it and the field was pretty clean the whole way through. I'll work a more challenging area this time if need be.

1 hour ago, hermano said:

Signed up. Although what's a nice way of telling people to clean up their crap?

The easiest way I found was to have the roll of bin bags and offer them to people - simple as "hey, I've got some worthy warrior bin bags if you need any". Everyone took them, no one was weird. If people weren't around and there was a trash pile growing I put a few bin bags on/near in a not-so-subtle hint.

We signed up last year but the local crew had never heard of it. We gave out some bin bags but soon realised we were camped next to a terrible group. About 20 students from Weston Super Mare who got back together in the summer for Glastonbury. Didn't tidy a thing away. The whole place was a tip. We did a tidy up once and within a day it was back to the same. When my mate dropped by he called it like it was... they were what H.M.V. isn't.

Edited by maclauk

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, VolumetricFox said:

Just got the email (sans everyone else's email addresses!)

Not sure how the campsite stewards will know who's signed up to give them the extra wristbands though.  Perhaps they've got a giant list of names, or just a pile of wristbands so doesn't matter.

Yep, got mine too. I'm just going to keep it on my phone to show them.

• 3 weeks later...

just had the final worthy warrior email ...please spread the message ... I'm sure pretty much everyone on the forum believes the message but please share it and drop a few bin bags at camp sites becoming untidy in passing .. enjoy a lovely tidy piss free festival guys ...

IMG_3058.PNG

On 30/05/2017 at 9:20 AM, hfuhruhurr said:

I'd not seen this before, but in the WW email it says:

"If you catch anyone peeing on the land, please politely reminds them of why it's so important that they don’t. Festival goers can be evicted from site if they are caught doing so! "

That's been the case for previous festivals too