Day Splits

timeforheroes

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, dannyfletcher said:

Am i the only Frank Turner fan on here? It was interesting to see the Facebook post last night from KC and the (assumed) headline and sib acts getting a mention apart from him. Kendal is still on his gigs page, so sadly for some of you it looks like he is playing.

The Kendal website this year is appalling, which is a shame as a few years back it was one of the best festival websites, if not the best. If you aren't a member of this forum i am sure many will be scratching their heads  about wtf is happening. For me the festival experience starts before i get there, and Kendal hasn't done a great job this year.

You aren't the only Frank Turner Fan on here, I like him too

I think the way information's been released by the festival this year has been poor too, i've found them reasonably helpful when you ask them a direct question but timings of announcements, the low key nature of some of them and the slow way all their media is being brought up to date is very poor

8 hours ago, dannyfletcher said:

Am i the only Frank Turner fan on here? It was interesting to see the Facebook post last night from KC and the (assumed) headline and sib acts getting a mention apart from him. Kendal is still on his gigs page, so sadly for some of you it looks like he is playing.

I've seen FT maybe 20 times, both at festivals and at gigs(either his own or as support). If the weather is kind, a singalong with Frank would be a good thing. He had said earlier in the year he was headlining main stage on Sunday, but not seen anything since.

9 minutes ago, dannyfletcher said:

KC confirmed he is playing Main stage on Sunday, but not if he is headlining or not. I'd say he is a bigger act that Tiny Tempah. He has had a couple of big singles, but Frank has an impressive back catalog. 

think it was Thurlow who said Tinie was closing. I would guess that his music would be more suited to the end of festival fire works also? (not that I know either act at all really)

24 minutes ago, dannyfletcher said:

I'd say he is a bigger act that Tiny Tempah. He has had a couple of big singles, but Frank has an impressive back catalog. 

From someone who has no idea about either Tinie or Frank, a quick check of the facts rubbishes your statement.

Tinie has had a few number 1 singles (and a few more top 10 singles too), along with 1 number 1 album (and a couple of top 10 albums), all as 'main act'.

Frank on the other hand has had no singles in the top 10 (his highest charting single was a lowly 33) and only a couple of top 10 albums.

To me, festival performances of 'headliners' should be 'greatest hits' type sets as the majority of punters won't know album only tracks. To this extent, the only one of them that has the suitable back catalogue is Tinie.

On saying all of the above, I have no desire to see either so am not fussed who play above who.

Tinie will have the place bouncing. Turder on the other hand pfffftt. I asked the people I'm going with this year to name 1 Frank turner single, "Who ??" was the response. I only know who he is because I had to suffer through his set a few years back in the belting rain at a half empty main stage.

Edited by Port-a-loo Pete

2 hours ago, Port-a-loo Pete said:

Tinie will have the place bouncing. Turder on the other hand pfffftt. I asked the people I'm going with this year to name 1 Frank turner single, "Who ??" was the response. I only know who he is because I had to suffer through his set a few years back in the belting rain at a half empty main stage.

Aye. Tinie will have em jumpin just like Dizzzy did. I'm not fussed, will see what else is on but wouldn't deliberately avoid.

I think tinie will headline. Kc have got dizzy headlining their Scottish version in Dumfries.

Watched a bit of Frank last time and saw him one afternoon at T. Not great but not the worst I reckon. I like the one about .... I won't sit down.

15 hours ago, bottonrob said:

think it was Thurlow who said Tinie was closing. I would guess that his music would be more suited to the end of festival fire works also? (not that I know either act at all really)

Yep it was me who said this, The festival confirmed this for me when I asked

16 hours ago, Port-a-loo Pete said:

He must be cheap

19 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

From someone who has no idea about either Tinie or Frank, a quick check of the facts rubbishes your statement.

Tinie has had a few number 1 singles (and a few more top 10 singles too), along with 1 number 1 album (and a couple of top 10 albums), all as 'main act'.

Frank on the other hand has had no singles in the top 10 (his highest charting single was a lowly 33) and only a couple of top 10 albums.

To me, festival performances of 'headliners' should be 'greatest hits' type sets as the majority of punters won't know album only tracks. To this extent, the only one of them that has the suitable back catalogue is Tinie.

On saying all of the above, I have no desire to see either so am not fussed who play above who.

Sorry, i will hold my hands up. I was thinking of the rapper Labyrinth.

2 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

Is that a Stereos clash?

Ahh never thought of that.

Clashes on Friday and Saturday are madness when you look at Sunday's lineup.

Sunday looking like a pub crawl to include real ale, kracken and strongbow tree followed by collapsing in front of seasick steve !