INmusic - Zagreb

gregory

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I was impressed, tho I was drunk and it was 30 years ago. 

So perhaps I'm wrong. :lol:

You're not wrong, the view you have arriving in Trieste by train is ecstatic but as a home-born I'm more impressed by other things :):) 

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Hmmm. You sure it's not the bands charging different prices in different territories, because of the different costs of living and wealth?

It's more likely to be that the shows in places like the UK is sort-of* subsidising the shows in the cheaper places than how you're seeing it.

(* 'sort-of' because it's perhaps still profitable for the band, but also perhaps a show they wouldn't bother with if they weren't making decent wedge elsewhere).

Yeah of course they charge differently but I refuse to believe that bands take like 60% pay cuts to play here. I mean, Robbie Williams played here with tickets ranging from 20 to 40€ and Green Day for 20 to 35€. Robbie Williams played in Greece and tickets were 50 and 80€, in Italy was 80€+

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Hmmm. You sure it's not the bands charging different prices in different territories, because of the different costs of living and wealth?

It's more likely to be that the shows in places like the UK is sort-of* subsidising the shows in the cheaper places than how you're seeing it.

(* 'sort-of' because it's perhaps still profitable for the band, but also perhaps a show they wouldn't bother with if they weren't making decent wedge elsewhere).

To give another perspective, I live in Thailand, and whenever a British band come to play here they charge around £120 for a standing ticket, (e.g. Muse, Coldplay). In this instance, they don't care that most people earn less than £1 an hour, they just want to make sure that they make at least the same amount as playing a UK show, and that means making the Thai fans pay for the associated transport costs etc. ending up in ridiculously priced tickets. Madonna standing tickets were £360! However, the Bangkok hi-so always make sure the shows sell out ;) 

On 1/29/2017 at 5:05 PM, alan_ts said:

19 --> Arcade Fire

20 --> Alt J 

21 --> Kasabian

Nothing official but it seems right.

If it's so I'll miss AF, damn :( 

Sorry to tell you Alan but looks like you were right that AF are playing on 19th, according to their website (& this poster was found floating around on Facebook)

16603118_1161445747305943_66912001733457 

Edited by gregory

26 minutes ago, gregory said:

Sorry to tell you Alan but looks like you were right that AF are playing on 19th, according to their website (& this poster was found floating around on Facebook)

16603118_1161445747305943_66912001733457 

Yes, I've seen that in their schedule they put the exact date for every festival :( 

edit: I'm waiting for the two italian gigs that will announce this morning.

Edited by alan_ts

3 minutes ago, gregory said:

But, on the plus side, you will get to seem them a few weeks before when they have a little more energy :) haha

Sure!! It's two days before but I prefer to see them twice than see Alt-J a single time :):):) 

1 minute ago, alan_ts said:

Sure!! It's two days before but I prefer to see them twice than see Alt-J a single time :):):) 

I know, whereas I get to watch arcade fire once and alt-j twice (again in Madrid); luckily I think they're okay. Once would be enough though,

Speaking of Alt J, they are listed on their site as playing Tuesday, which leaves Kasabian or Kings of Leon for Wed.

14 minutes ago, gregory said:

I know, whereas I get to watch arcade fire once and alt-j twice (again in Madrid); luckily I think they're okay. Once would be enough though,

Speaking of Alt J, they are listed on their site as playing Tuesday, which leaves Kasabian or Kings of Leon for Wed.

At this point I think Alt-J will sub-headline Kol or Kasabian.

4 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

At this point I think Alt-J will sub-headline Kol or Kasabian.

I was assuming the same (and hoping the same), unless they already had Kasabian down for Wed and that was the only day KOL were free. I'm sure they'll let them play whichever day they want, they're co-headlining with AF at Rock Wertcher after all. 

57 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Sometimes the bands put the first day of the festival in their schedule before the day splits announcement.

Yeah, and in fact, unlike many other festival dates on the KOL site, INmusic has (JUNE 19-21) next to it which implies they haven't announced the exact date yet. :)

All I do is come on here to share news and updates, and get downvoted when people don't like the news/updates. Whatever. Maybe they're jealous I'm forum member number 2.000 and they're member number 300.000, who knows. 

I can't wait for INmusic. I hope they manage to add a bunch more international acts, and didn't blow it all on KOL. If not, Arcade Fire is enough for €42, and I'll enjoy whatever else they provide :)