INmusic - Zagreb

gregory

20 minutes ago, gregory said:

On the positive, most acts have long sets which is cool, but I'm taking them with a pinch of salt. How a new band like HAUS who have released 4 tracks can play 1h15 I don't know...

Was thinking the same but we'll see :D Actually it  looks good for me when it's like this cause it's kinda like that every band I want to see got the length of a solo concert. Darko Rundek got 2h30m for example. ALT J, Danko Jones and Flogging Molly all 90 minutes 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Was thinking the same but we'll see :D Actually it  looks good for me when it's like this cause it's kinda like that every band I want to see got the length of a solo concert. Darko Rundek got 2h30m for example. ALT J, Danko Jones and Flogging Molly all 90 minutes 

Darko Rundek is 90 mins, Public Service Broadcasting and Booka Shade 90 mins too - that is pretty cool I have to admit ..if they actually play for this long. & at least they were smart and didn't overlap the 12 international acts. 

Was hoping for/expecting a few more acts though, have to admit 

1 hour ago, gregory said:

Darko Rundek is 90 mins, Public Service Broadcasting and Booka Shade 90 mins too - that is pretty cool I have to admit ..if they actually play for this long. & at least they were smart and didn't overlap the 12 international acts. 

Was hoping for/expecting a few more acts though, have to admit 

I can swear Rundek was longer an hour ago :lol: And I had to check 3 times to make sure I'm seeing it right, it was overlapping quite a bit with Kiwanuka  

5 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I can swear Rundek was longer an hour ago :lol: And I had to check 3 times to make sure I'm seeing it right, it was overlapping quite a bit with Kiwanuka  

I believe you. Kiwanuka and AF were clashing too but I commented on Facebook and they changed it to no overlap :) 

10 hours ago, gregory said:

On the positive, most acts have long sets which is cool, but I'm taking them with a pinch of salt. How a new band like HAUS who have released 4 tracks can play 1h15 I don't know...

Don't worry, by 1;15 whatever band your listening too will be sounding phenomenal!

4 hours ago, NomadicMan said:

Don't worry, by 1;15 whatever band your listening too will be sounding phenomenal!

I mean that they're playing for 75 mins without having released much at all yet. But they are also playing late at night, and no doubt sounding phenomenal lol

Had a look at the site and can't really work out how far the festival is for the city centre - anyone know? What's a good time to head out there? doesn't seem to be much to see band wise until 7 or 8 at the earliest or is there stuff to do in the afternoon before the bands start?

1 hour ago, damo101 said:

Had a look at the site and can't really work out how far the festival is for the city centre - anyone know? What's a good time to head out there? doesn't seem to be much to see band wise until 7 or 8 at the earliest or is there stuff to do in the afternoon before the bands start?

Close enough.... you can take a tram to savski most (tram 14) or dom Stepan radič (tram 17) then walk along the river shore to the entrance. Walk is about 2 km to festival tram would take 15-20 min. Alternatively uber n taxis are very cheap (15 min)...Head out based on when you want to see first band. There's bars around Jarun but many more in town....

• 2 weeks later...

Decent festival with cheap prices and never to big crowds or queues at the bar. Transport to and from central Zagreb was shocking. Got a tram to Jarun and no sign of promised shuttle buses. Never saw them the whole time. On the way back one tram an hour with little chance of getting on. Ended up walking it which took an hour and a half 

First festival for my 2yrs son, we didn't camp but had an apartment 30 min walking from the site.

We did only tuesday (too hot for him during the day) and wednesday (too wet) so we went there in the late afternoon for sub and headliners.

Overall a great festival very well organized, lots of children.

Lineup was a little weak but the location and the prices were great so I might return.

I had a good time at this festival, would definitely go again. Darko Rundek was fantastic!

Only gripe is it's so far from city/trams, but that 30 minute walk along the hill wasn't so bad, and made those instant pints even more refreshing.

Interested to see what direction they take next year, now it's a little more mainstream than before

17 hours ago, gregory said:

I had a good time at this festival, would definitely go again. Darko Rundek was fantastic!

Only gripe is it's so far from city/trams, but that 30 minute walk along the hill wasn't so bad, and made those instant pints even more refreshing.

Interested to see what direction they take next year, now it's a little more mainstream than before

So glad you loved it :D 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Ames23 said:

I've just booked early bird tickets for INmusic 2018. It'll be my first festival abroad, travelling from the UK. I'm planning on camping, probably going to buy a tent when I arrive in Zagreb. I've read that the festival sells them. Has anyone else done this? Any tips for travelling abroad with camping gear, sleeping bag and camp bed etc? 

I've bought tickets.

from where are you?

34 minutes ago, Ames23 said:

Hi Alan. 

I'll be flying out from Manchester, UK. 

Best choice I think is flying with Ryanair to Treviso (cheaper) or better Trieste.

Then you can take a coach (e.g. Flixbus) to Zagreb.

Regarding camping gear is better to buy something in loco, there's plenty of shopping mall (I think also a Decathlon) near Jarun (that's where Inmusic take place).